Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Mayfield 21 @ #14 Graves Co 5a 0
Great defensive effort. I bet their 200 yd per game back had less than 100 in this one. We gotta quit with the penalties though.
mysonis55 Wrote:Great defensive effort. I bet their 200 yd per game back had less than 100 in this one. We gotta quit with the penalties though.

I agree the defense played well. The offense looked very bad tonight, mainly killing drives with penalties, I'm not sure how many offsides tonight.
Mayfield proving they can play with anyone
In a emotional crosstown game like ours the nerves are amped and you see more penalties than usual. It will be that way most times.
The turnovers were kept down.
Big night for 1A teams....:rockon:
That's an understatement.
Congrats Mayfield!
The defense was asked for a shutout and they gave. I understand the buzzards were held to under 200 yards total offense. Their big time rb was held to less than 100 yards for the first time by our young Cards. This is a d1 rb yall. Now please, please, quit doubting our boys. To this point we have given up a lot less than last year at this point. We are fine here in Cardinal land.
mysonis55 Wrote:The defense was asked for a shutout and they gave. I understand the buzzards were held to under 200 yards total offense. Their big time rb was held to less than 100 yards for the first time by our young Cards. This is a d1 rb yall. Now please, please, quit doubting our boys. To this point we have given up a lot less than last year at this point. We are fine here in Cardinal land.

May field may be fine, but there still is a lot of work to do. I hate to say it, but if the offense shoots itself in the foot that many times against a certain team that I dislike so much, it will get ugly for the cards. The offense has to stay on the field, and burn some clock. With the burg, pikeville, Frankfort, and beechwood all looking pretty stout there is work to be done. I didn't notice as many snaps being as high, but the offsides was horrible. I also seen a few to many dropped passes, the deep pass that was dropped by bacon was a surprise since I'm not sure I've seen him drop one that landed that perfectly in his hands. I think may field was fortunate to recover there own fumble in the end zone, if graves gets it would have been huge. On the other hand a couple more caught passes, and not fumbling it the other time when inside the ten that graves recovered and this could have been a much more lopsided win, especially if may field wouldn't have jumped offsides so much.
There will always be things to work on. I just feel like we are far better than some of the old timers want to give the boys credit for being. Esp with the game that I saw in McCracken tonight.
mysonis55 Wrote:There will always be things to work on. I just feel like we are far better than some of the old timers want to give the boys credit for being. Esp with the game that I saw in McCracken tonight.
May field definitely raises there level against tougher competition.
Now comes the boring part of the schedule. Marshall Co, Fulton, bye and Fulton Co.
Now woul be a good time to work on some new plays... eventually some one is going to watch enough film they are going to shut us down...offence has not looked good for last two weeks...
The plays are there. They will not show them until they are needed. We have won both of the last 2 games by at least two scores. When we have a defense like we do this year, we do not have to show everything. There are things that will be pulled out of the back pocket when the time arises.