Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Questions
I have some football questions and some food for thought.

Have any of you thought about these everyday football routines?

1. Why does a kick returner take a knee in the end zone when he can simply throw the ball out of bounds or let the ball hit the ground? Its a touchback either way. Seems like a lot of energy for nothing. Call me fat and lazy, but everytime I caught it in the endzone and wanted to kneel it id just throw it between the goal post.

2. Is it better to get 9 yards or 10 yards on first down? Personally I think 2nd and 1 is a better situation then gaining 10 yards for the 1st and 10. It allows you to go deep on the next play or run whatever you want knowing you can sneak it for a first on 3rd down and even 4th if you need it.

3. Why do QB's run out of bounds when there behind the line of scrimmage? This weekend alone I see several QB's, including Towles, take a 3 or 4 yard loss when he literally just needed to toss it out of bounds very easily. If your out of the tackle box, your allowed to throw it away.

4. Why do teams with bad punters ever punt? Its been statistically proven that your chances of winning are higher if you never punt, no matter the field position. That extra down creates a higher percentage of TDs while punts always stay at 0. I can understand punting IF you got a good punter and can make it happen, but for 20 yard high school punts, im puzzled as to why coaches even bother.