Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 41 Boyd County 14
final
Good win Raceland.
Good Job Raceland!
:Clap: good job
Worst 41-7 game i have ever listen to/watched. Came out pretty hot in the 1st. Then got ugly for 2 quarters. Oline just quit blocking all together. Jumping offsides, holds, fumbles, just not a very clean game. Boyd never quit though. They have some tallent there, big defensive line, pretty slow though. Regroup, come outnext week andhopefully be a bit sharper.
This was a very, weird game. With the way the first quarter went, I thought it was gonna be a bloodbath. Just a strange game, I wasn't even sure what we were trying to accomplish with some of the play calling. Oh well, a win is a win.
I think we went up by 3 scores and kind of just went in to auto pilot. If u want to get where all of us in Raceland wants to get, that can not happen. But, when a 41-7 or 41-14 whatever it was ive seen both scores posted, but when that type of win still results in things u want to nit pick on, you have a good thing going. Raceland has to learn to get over a big game Hangover and play week to week. They have some games that could come down to the wire with Coal Grove, Lawrence, Ironton, and Fairview. I really have no idea what to think about any of them, but on paper, it looks like they could all be capable of beating us. We just have to put 4 quarters together that all look like the first 2 1/2 quarters of the Ashland game. If we do that each week then the sky is the limit. I will say Raceland has not disapointed in the atheliticism department. Defensively we r faster and our Passing game is vastly improved from previous years and our running game is coming along. All in all, I still feel that we r better than anticipated eapecially this early in the year. I just dont know if we have enough upfront to compete w Pikeville and Williamsburg.
Good win for the Rams. You know they have some big expectations when you see fans not fully happy with a blowout win over a much bigger school. From what I have heard though they, Raceland, should have a great year and have some serious athletes again. Good luck to them and Boyd County the rest of this season.
Ramcat77 Wrote:. Just a strange game, I wasn't even sure what we were trying to accomplish with some of the play calling. Oh well, a win is a win.

Well I'll admit we were sloppy in the 2nd half, but some of that's on the players & lack of execution, missed assignments, etc...you'd have to see the film to understand that after seeing it live.

I'm sure it will get cleaned up before we roll into Lloyd on Friday.
The only thing I see in the play calling is to many stretches beig run. But, even though we really dont have that speed back to get there quick enough, or a dominating offensive tackle, i understand you have to continue to stay balanced from left to right, inside and outside. One thing I like alot about Salmons and Grizzle's play calling, is the fact that they call plays that dont allow the defense to see any sort of repetitiveness. Now, we r going to run the ball, whether it is successful or not, have to to keep teams from running a 3 man front or a 4-2 nickel on our recievers. I believe we have gotten stronger in that aspect of the game though. In each week we have produced bigger rushing numbers. Greenup is up from recent years, but we should handle that game pretty soundly. After that theres a 2 game stretch with two good teams. Lawrence has just as many atheletes as we do and Coal Grove is going to be a big, strong and hard nosed team with alot of experience. Greenup will be fired up so we got to keep our emotions in check and play with in ourselves and not let emotions get the best of us, which has happened in the past. We need more consistancy in our level of play. Thats on the seniors. In all, i love the direction the program is heading! Ric u got ne numbers from the game?
Slic Ric Wrote:Well I'll admit we were sloppy in the 2nd half, but some of that's on the players & lack of execution, missed assignments, etc...you'd have to see the film to understand that after seeing it live.

I'm sure it will get cleaned up before we roll into Lloyd on Friday.

I'm sure there's a number of things there, playing on Saturday, playing Ann inferior opponent, that can sometimes suck you into playing down to their level. The line is still young, the season is still young, things will get better (not that they really suck or anything).
First of all, congrats to the Rams on a good win. I know alot of the things we saw where areas that they wanted to work on, but they really need to protect Young. The Lions got to him quite a bit, and a couple good his on him. With that said it's hard to say much since these program are several levels apart. I think coach Gilliam has brought the Lions a long way from where they were two years ago and hope he is around for awhile, BC needs coaching stability in the worst way. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.