Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County / Wayne County Scrimmage
Have not seen this up. We had to go deep in the playbook in this one. We had better get things going, with the schedule we have.
Not sure how you got that we went deep in the play book? Harlan County fans r going to have to be patient with this years team. We are VERY young and inexperienced at ALL skill positions. We will be fine by district time.
My husband and I went thursday, friday games and we were the only team I saw to run reverses..ect. I will be very patient, I know we are young, we would not be if we had not lost so many Cumberland kids. Anyway , off topic. I know things will be rough till playoffs. With this schedule we will be ready.
You got that right, we definitely have a brutal schedule. That was a busted play, not a reverse. Coach Creech was very vanilla in his play calling which most teams are in a scrimmage. Next week I am sure that is when the play book will open up.
I think everything will be fine. The O-Line just needed some motivation. The defense has some speed which will make up for the loss of Carson (some). But it will be a team effort on defense.
Not just our o-line but also our blocking backs and our running backs. I saw several holes open up but our running backs didn't hit the hole, I saw our line miss blocks and I saw our line get their blocks and the running backs hit the hole hard but our blocking backs didn't do their job. We will be fine. We just have to grow up each and every week.
HC will be fine, too big and too strong. May not be quiet as good on defense but they will still be hard to stop doing the ground and pound with the ball and running the clock.
William Muney Wrote:HC will be fine, too big and too strong. May not be quiet as good on defense but they will still be hard to stop doing the ground and pound with the ball and running the clock.

Should be a law against ground and pound I like ground and air attack game last longer....Just sayin muney I'm not a clock watcher. :HitWall:
Maybe Cards are ok.
Varsity ended at 6-6. Both teams lost a lot of key players from last year.
Dang who won. :partyhard
I think HC would struggle this year if not for the entire district being down.
If theres been a chance to unseat HC for that district title its this year and next. Not sure what they have after that.
64SUR Wrote:Should be a law against ground and pound I like ground and air attack game last longer....Just sayin muney I'm not a clock watcher. :HitWall:

How many chuck and duck teams have u seen win championships? Not many and the 1's that did were so talented they could have probably won running the single wing!
William Muney Wrote:How many chuck and duck teams have u seen win championships? Not many and the 1's that did were so talented they could have probably won running the single wing!
Balanced teams when the most championships. The same can be said about teams that run it 99% of the time...The ones that did were so talented they would have won it throwing it every down. HC has had some talented teams the past 4-5 seasons, but until they become more balanced and can defend the pass they are going to be stuck losing in the 2nd/3rd round most years.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Balanced teams when the most championships. The same can be said about teams that run it 99% of the time...The ones that did were so talented they would have won it throwing it every down. HC has had some talented teams the past 4-5 seasons, but until they become more balanced and can defend the pass they are going to be stuck losing in the 2nd/3rd round most years.

Not disagreeing with u. Teams need to pass when they want to not when they HAVE too.

64 is always talking about passing like it is the key to win. I am attempting to teach him some football 101. Very difficult task.