Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Perry Scrimmage
Some people later would love some information this scrimmage later on tonight when I get off work.. Cant wait to hear from both crowds on this one and if anyone can tell me how Dustin Roberts does as well would be greatly appreciated.
I watched most of the game. Pikeville won! But what's funny is that for me being a Hazard grad for the last 5 or 6 years all I hear is Class A is a joke and 5A is loaded! Well Pikeville was a much better team than Perry. I understand as a whole 5A is better but when Perry fans say it, it's crazy because they can't beat 1A schools.
I must have watched a different game. Pikeville is an excellent team. Perry will be just fine.
UK#24 Wrote:I watched most of the game. Pikeville won! But what's funny is that for me being a Hazard grad for the last 5 or 6 years all I hear is Class A is a joke and 5A is loaded! Well Pikeville was a much better team than Perry. I understand as a whole 5A is better but when Perry fans say it, it's crazy because they can't beat 1A schools.

can you give a few details of the game? thanks.
Wasn't at the game, but I was told Pikeville had their way with Perry.
Perry looked ok, I will even admit Perry looked a little bit than I thought they would but Real Badman is right Pikeville kinda had their way with Perry. I think once they started using the chains Pikeville won 14-6 but they played some 10 and 10's first.
Perry will struggle this year. I think they'll have a similar year as Whitley did last year.
Major rebuilding time about to happen there.
I will let others analyze the scrimmage but what I took out of it was that Pikeville will be very good. 3 guys who will probably start on at least one side of the ball didn't play (Vanderbeck, Salyer and Tackett) and Pikeville still had good players all over the field. Looked like more depth than they have had in quite some time. I agree that Perry will be fine too. They had some good players and their QB looked good.
Someone correct if this is inaccurate. 3 10-10s played. Pikeville scored on all 3 and Perry scored once, on the second unit. Then two 12 minute quarters where Pikeville outscored Perry 14-6. Perry's score was on a 4th and goal where the QB was chased around, took off running then found a receiver open in the end zone.

Just one guys opinion, but I really believe Pikeville will be better than last year on both sides of the ball.
^
They will need to be better to challenge Wburg like most of us are thinking.
The game would be at Pikeville and Wburg will get all the challenge they want if it comes down to those two, which is what I am expecting to happen. A lot of football before it's even time to think about state semis though.

BTW best music I heave heard yet before a game. Hats off to whoever handled that for PCC. A sample of one stretch of tunes:
3 AC/DC songs in a row, Home by Sundy Best, a couple Lynyrd Skynyrd songs, You Dropped a Bomb on me by The Gap Band, and Swingin' by John Anderson.:notworthyConfusedingleparTongueirateSho
^
When you bring out the John Anderson, you know shits about to get real Confusednicker:

They don't make em like that anymore.

But if I ever hear straight tequila night at a football game id prolly have to leave Confusednicker:

I wonder if Florida State plays Seminole wind after ever game...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
When you bring out the John Anderson, you know shits about to get real Confusednicker:

They don't make em like that anymore.

But if I ever hear straight tequila night at a football game id prolly have to leave Confusednicker:

I wonder if Florida State plays Seminole wind after ever game...

:rockon:
Pikeville scored on one blown coverage by a freshman and once on a scramble hail mary. Pikeville is a solid veteran team. Perry is a very young team heavy with sophs and freshmen and a few very good upper classmen. Pikeville is farther along at this point as to be expected. Perry will be much better by game 5 but plays a brutal schedule.
redstone1127 Wrote:Pikeville scored on one blown coverage by a freshman and once on a scramble hail mary. Pikeville is a solid veteran team. Perry is a very young team heavy with sophs and freshmen and a few very good upper classmen. Pikeville is farther along at this point as to be expected. Perry will be much better by game 5 but plays a brutal schedule.

Come on now. Pikeville moved the ball up and down the field on Perry all night, in both phases of the scrimmage. I do agree that Perry will improve.
jetpilot Wrote::rockon:

[YOUTUBE="John Anderson- Chicken Truck"][/YOUTUBE]

Sounds like Pikeville did very well in that scrimmage . Looking forward to next Friday, and the rest of the season. Panthers appear to be a very tough out in the post season. Good luck to Perry Central this year.
Pikeville is a very solid team. It's going to be fun watching Pikeville, Hazard, and Williamsburg battle it out this year.
UK#24 Wrote:Pikeville is a very solid team. It's going to be fun watching Pikeville, Hazard, and Williamsburg battle it out this year.

your right. Anyone of the the three could earn their way to BG. Throw Raceland in as well, because they will get better each week. Paintsville is putting it all together now, but could work their way in as well. !-a in the east is looking good this season.
Have a feeling that Pikeville vs Hazard game in the PCB is going to be one of the best early season matchups regardless of class.

From what I have heard I think Hazard is going to take a big step forward this year and Pikeville will be just as solid. Really looking forward to those two teams going after each other.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Have a feeling that Pikeville vs Hazard game in the PCB is going to be one of the best early season matchups regardless of class.

From what I have heard I think Hazard is going to take a big step forward this year and Pikeville will be just as solid. Really looking forward to those two teams going after each other.

Agree. That's going to be worth me making the trip from Tn. to enjoy this one.
Neither of these teams were showing anyone anything with 10 teams there scouting them.
Damon Tobler touched the ball three times (once on a dropped pass) on offense.
He was carrying Pikeville defenders both times and once he lowered the shoulder on a poor DB that is probably still hurting from it.
The kid will win a few games by himself this year.
[YOUTUBE="Damon Tobler"]?v=EHrmjf0VRsw&[/YOUTUBE]