Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley vs Leslie County
whitley will be a different team this season excited to see what happens
I heard Sasko had a nice catch and run for a TD, he's a athletic kid that will help the Colonels this year...
pjdoug Wrote:I wouldn't say Leslie moved the ball pretty easy.they scored just before halftime to pull within 14-7. both teams played sloppy and had quite a few penalties.

Luke Woods had a nice run for a touchdown. Christian Hamilton had some good plays including an interception. Sean Hickey and Tristin McKiddy had some nice runs.I think it was James Sasko that had a big reception called back due to a block in the back. Nathan Jackson had a big hit. Whitley has a few good Sophomores so the future looks pretty good.

Yeah and Whitley score in the last few second of the 3rd period...I didn't know Whitley was missing any starter. I assume Whitley could be a little better with some of starter playing. :truestory:
I think WC did excellent, I have seen Lesley County for the past couple years and IMO them and Pike County had the most under rated teams in the Mountains.
Was very pleased with the effort from Leslie Co. Ran the ball very well and got a couple of long td runs called back for holding on wide receivers. Thought they could line up and run all night.
There were a lot of dropped passes as well for Leslie that hurt, and a bad snap inside the 10 kept the Eagles from scoring another.

Defensively still very young. Had some missed tackles on the edge that hurt. But very proud of the effort and the very correctable mistakes. With a lot of hard work, could be a fun year in Hyden..
OldJacket Wrote:I heard Sasko had a nice catch and run for a TD, he's a athletic kid that will help the Colonels this year...

I honestly didn't know much about him. will have to get used to all the new faces
pjdoug Wrote:yeah it's mostly a one man show in Berea.

Yes Harris is great, but I was really impressed with their oline last year.