Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14 region
How is the 14 region going to play out this up coming season.

Leslie co have to be one of the fav this season coming. With everyone coming back.
Breathitt co will be in the pic also. I also think LCC and PCC will be there also.
Everyone will think this is crazy but I pick hazard as one of the top 3 girls teams in the region
I'm anxious to see how Estill County does with new head coach, Brian Hall and returning everyone from last season.
Letcher will be loaded with seniors they will be hard to beat
if Jenkins can get another girl to go alone with Whitney Creech. they will be on this list. one player can't do it all. it will take at less two players. that way the other teams don't have to stop just one player.

Powell Co i think is another teams that can make a run at the region. they have so good shooter, a good girl in the paint, and some fast as hell G with good hands.
hitter Wrote:Everyone will think this is crazy but I pick hazard as one of the top 3 girls teams in the region

What are you basing that on? Didn't they lose a bunch of players?
hitter Wrote:Everyone will think this is crazy but I pick hazard as one of the top 3 girls teams in the region

Hazard isn't in the top three in its district at this point.
cj2561 Wrote:if Jenkins can get another girl to go alone with Whitney Creech. they will be on this list. one player can't do it all. it will take at less two players. that way the other teams don't have to stop just one player.

Powell Co i think is another teams that can make a run at the region. they have so good shooter, a good girl in the paint, and some fast as hell G with good hands.
I think Leslie has a good shot at regions this year but I also think Powell does. Leslie has everyone returning but Powell has a good player on the pint, several good shooters and they have probably the best point guard in the region that can do about anything. I think we will see Leslie and Powell in the region championship game.

I hope your right but I would bet my money on Hazard being in the top 10 of the region. Won 6 games last year and lost 2 or 3 key players. Also hearing they are having a hard time getting girls to play.
Hazard seems to have a lot of talent just not well coached
I am surprised that Knott County isn't mentioned. This is a very talented group of players that has the potential of beating any 14th region team on a given night. They have some major talent in the sophomore and freshmen class. In addition, they have acquired an 8th grader (Higgins) that is phenomenal. I would say that she will compete for a spot in the starting rotation. Go Pats!
The Weatherman Wrote:I am surprised that Knott County isn't mentioned. This is a very talented group of players that has the potential of beating any 14th region team on a given night. They have some major talent in the sophomore and freshmen class. In addition, they have acquired an 8th grader (Higgins) that is phenomenal. I would say that she will compete for a spot in the starting rotation. Go Pats!

Higgins is an OUTSTANDING young player. I've heard a rumor that she may be headed to Letcher Central. Family is from Red Fox, so it wouldn't be that much of a travel for her and in my opinion it would be a great move on her part.
Neve heard of the Higgins girl. What is her first name. Hope she comes and plays at LCC but we only lost one starter so we should be right in the thick of things.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Knott dies have great young talent especially the guard from Carr creek last year the Thornsberry girl. She will be the one people are gonna have to watch out for. But I think Knott is a year or 2 away but they can suprise a few teams this year if the freshman develop quick. With Higgins, Thornsberry and Waugh Knott has the best backcourt for the next 3 or 4 years.
Her name is Jada Higgins she's about 5 ft 7 in and she is very close to all the KCC freshman they all have played together a long time and her cousin also plays for KCC. So it's unlikely she goes anywhere.
Faceballz Wrote:Knott dies have great young talent especially the guard from Carr creek last year the Thornsberry girl. She will be the one people are gonna have to watch out for. But I think Knott is a year or 2 away but they can suprise a few teams this year if the freshman develop quick. With Higgins, Thornsberry and Waugh Knott has the best backcourt for the next 3 or 4 years.

Knott can be a very good team, great mix of experience, youth, and love of the game!