Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 5A Top 10?
Thoughts? I would have to say Bowling Green and Pulaski Co. the top two teams.
Im going to say Bowling Green out of the west. Maybe JH can give them run.

As for the east, im going to say PC doesn't make it out of region. Im going to go with Madison Southern to win that district and region by defeating PC twice this year.
I expect them to face anyone from Cooper, Conner, South Oldham, Anderson, Franklin, etc. The last year of that 5A region 3 will be a doozy like it always is.
GUT, could you change my thread name to 2014 5A Top Ten?
Preseason
I'm pretty solid on the top 4 in some order. However, 5-10 could be anywhere for me. I'd probably go with this...

1. Bowling Green
2. John Hardin
3. Pulaski County
4. Madison Southern
5. Anderson County
6. Franklin County
7. Bullitt East
8. Conner
9. South Oldham
10. Graves County/Harlan County
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm pretty solid on the top 4 in some order. However, 5-10 could be anywhere for me. I'd probably go with this...

1. Bowling Green
2. John Hardin
3. Pulaski County
4. Madison Southern
5. Anderson County
6. Franklin County
7. Bullitt East
8. Conner
9. South Oldham
10. Graves County/Harlan County

This looks like a pretty accurate list to me right now. Not sure what Warren Central will look like but they may sneak in as the year progresses. Even though I think we will have the usual BG/JH matchup in the west watch out for Bullitt East. They played JH tough last year and they have a ton of talent returning.
hoss403 Wrote:This looks like a pretty accurate list to me right now. Not sure what Warren Central will look like but they may sneak in as the year progresses. Even though I think we will have the usual BG/JH matchup in the west watch out for Bullitt East. They played JH tough last year and they have a ton of talent returning.

Good call on Warren Central. I overlooked them on accident. I could see them somewhere in the 8-10 range starting the season as well. I think 5A will be more wide open this year than we've had in recent memory. Past years have had set title teams (cough cough BG). I know they lose a bit, but they're still the favorite until they're dethroned. I'm also not sure what JH lost this year outside of Elam, so I'm blind on them. I think PC will be better this year than last because of maturity and more speed across the board than last year. One more thing I'll add to this. Don't be surprised to see Southwestern crack the top 10 by the end of the year. It'll be daylight to dark difference from last year in my opinion.
Hope to get to see Pulaski and Madison Southern. Should be great games.
I think Graves may drop some this year. They lost their 3 year starter at qb. I don't know if the best choice they have for the future is ready or not.