Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KY East-West All Star Softball Roster
I know Estill County coaches aren't too happy about only getting one selection. Rawlins is the best hitter, Gross and Muncie are good pitchers and none of them made it. The rankings they do are a joke.
Let me ask a serious question, Is anybody really suprised that K Flynn made it? This is to funny!!!:ChairHit:
What do you mean by that? KyCatlover.....kind of sounds sour grapes to me....
I believe the East/West All Star game is selected by the coaches....and I do believe that they are selected on performance...Kennedy has the leading batting average on her team around 400 plus for 30 games, she has the leading on base percentage of anyone on her team, she has stolen 22 out of 23 bases, she is an outstanding Center Fielder, Kennedy also one of if not the fastest player in the 14th region....so KyCatlover what criteria would you use to select All Star Players.....I can give you any stat that you want but her stats seem to be solid.....and also Strikeout King, you need to attend more softball games to be knowledgeable about who should make it and who shouldn't make it...just sayin....
Alot of coaches think their pitcher is the best, but you cannot have an allstar team full of pitchers. Plus if the coaches do not go to the meetings to support their players nomination then the players don't have much of a chance of being selected.
Just what is Estill's pitchers batting average. I have saw a lot of games and I think everyone I saw she has gotten a hit. The pitcher I am talking about is M Gross.
likeIseeIt Wrote:Just what is Estill's pitchers batting average. I have saw a lot of games and I think everyone I saw she has gotten a hit. The pitcher I am talking about is M Gross.

Her average (according to Maxpreps) is 387. Her opponents batting average is 255
I thought her average was pretty good. And coaches might not need a lot of pitchers in an all star game, but I would want one with an era of 1.76. I don't think it is strikeout that doesn't come to games and think it is some of you that doesn't know the game.
What about that girl that catches for Wolfe. Was she selected? Seems like solid player
Two players that should have made the team from the east.
Megan Hensley (shutdown pitcher with 25 wins and era 0.48 great hitter batting average 562 with 9 homeruns )
Rachelle Fairchild (best defensive firstbaseman I have ever seen at the high school level and also can hit )
Hensley was chosen for the east team but is playing a qualifier that weekend with the Louisville Lady Sluggers.
I was surprised that Rachel didn't make it-very solid. Can't see unless she had something else to do.
I'm sure I'm touching on something that you may already know, but here we go.
The coaches registered with the ky highschool association nominate players from their team. The other members vote on the roster for the teams. If you are not a member, unfortunately your girls do not get nominated. There are numerous players out there that do not get nominated.
It goes back to being apart of the association to get your team an opportunity to play at these events.

Some girls are not able to attend due to prior commitments, they have a list of replacements to fill slots.

Not trying to beat a dead horse or offend anymore but if girls weren't nominated.....9 times out of 10 it was because the coach wasn't a member.
Congrats to Collins Junior Shelbi Poehlein and Senior Sydney Cloyd on being selected to the West All-Star teams!
Looing forward to seeing numerous girls that we played summer ball with!!
Can't believe either Kelsie Fuller or Christian yates(East Ridge) did not make the team. Yates played on Junior squad last year?????????
Our high school coach advised my DD she couldn't nominate her unless she knew for sure she would play in Allstar game instead of playing travelball that weekend.
The East-West games were a great idea, but have turned into an example of the "good old boy" system. I'll vote for your girl and you vote for mine. Get enough deals in place and your player is in. There's also too many coaches that either won't join the association or refuse to attend the meeting. If you are not there it's pretty tough to get someone voted in, unless you've got your voting block preset, or the player is obviously an all-star (and that's no guarantee). Not knocking the game, just the way it's done.
Congrats to Wolfe Countys Haley Patton for 2nd team All State and Colby Creech for Honorable Mention. Coach Benny Campbell was also named 14th region Coach of the Year. All will be recognized at East-West All Star game in Louisville.
After reading all these comments and wanting to slam Ashland for their behavior and the umps for their missing the call there is only one group to blame, KHSAA. They are a complete joke. They are a group of entitled school administrators who have politicked and traded to get their position. They do not have the kids interest at heart, they only want to further their own agenda or their schools.

There is one thing JC fans can do. Attend every KHSAA meeting and replace the group that is in there now with a group of competent people who have the kids interest at heart.

The only way to change something is not by complaining, but by being active.
MonsterMan Wrote:After reading all these comments and wanting to slam Ashland for their behavior and the umps for their missing the call there is only one group to blame, KHSAA. They are a complete joke. They are a group of entitled school administrators who have politicked and traded to get their position. They do not have the kids interest at heart, they only want to further their own agenda or their schools.

There is one thing JC fans can do. Attend every KHSAA meeting and replace the group that is in there now with a group of competent people who have the kids interest at heart.

The only way to change something is not by complaining, but by being active.

Please delete this post, I was wanting to put it on another site, thanks.