Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 15 Sheldon Clark 0
lawrence now 5-1 in district play with only johnson central left in a few weeks.
Sheldon clark not as good as I thought they would be. Pitching was average, fielding was poor (8) errors last night. (5) errors the night before I believe. Sheldon clark and magoffin county have alot of work to do before district time. Lc back in action tonight at greenup county game time 7:30 pm.
Neither of our best pitchers were available to pitch in this series.
Not having your best pitcher does not explain the fielding, the errors, or the poor hitting. Lc has been without one of our top pitchers all year after cantrell had tommy johns surgery before the season.
IntheZone Wrote:Neither of our best pitchers were available to pitch in this series.

maybe so. but look at lc's schedule. do you think we have only faced teams #3 or #4 pitchers? we've seen very good pitching all year. you still scored 1 run in 2 games. unless you throw a shutout, you still lose both games.
I know they wouldn't walk 10+ batters either.
INEZ, Ky. - In the game of baseball, most of the time runs are scored by getting hits. Wednesday night in Inez that wasn't the case. Lawrence County, now 14-4 on the season, scored 15 runs in five innings on only five hits while 12 Bulldog batters reached via walks.

COMPLETE STORY