Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain players going to the next level ?
IRISH4 Wrote:What position are "UK and EKU" recruiting him as?

probably Linemen
NYY10 Wrote:probably Linemen

He played line backer earlier in high school. I just seem to think he's to small to play o-line in d-1 college. He may be a good d-end tough, maybe even a tight end.

There has been a few more players getting some attention from some colleges at Valley. Tyler Cable has been getting some letters from Campbsville, Colby Newsome has been getting some letters, along with Brock Kinney.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:He played line backer earlier in high school. I just seem to think he's to small to play o-line in d-1 college. He may be a good d-end tough, maybe even a tight end.

There has been a few more players getting some attention from some colleges at Valley. Tyler Cable has been getting some letters from Campbsville, Colby Newsome has been getting some letters, along with Brock Kinney.

Who has been looking at Tyler Cable and Brock Kinney?
And Yes, UK is recruiting John as a Tackle. He has great size, very good speed, and long arms. His upper body is very strong, and that's a very good thing for a tackle. UK likes to get up and down the field, that's why they want his weight to stay below 300. Now, him being about 6'3 or 6'4, that's kind of hard when you're playing line, because you aren't really moving that much. But, John is a very good player, and has a lot of potential.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Who has been looking at Tyler Cable and Brock Kinney?

Campbellsville has been looking at Cable and some Ivy League school from what I heard has been looking at Kinney.
Well, sounds good, Cable is a pretty tough guy, I heard from some people that he was in the 1,000 pound club. Brock is pretty talented as well, can't wait to see how well he does next year.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:They have all the tools. Tackett IMO is a college level LB.

I know Johnson and Ousley are getting visits, calls and letters from many colleges. They no doubt will make great O or D-line players. Good Luck to all the seniors and their quest for college football. All the JC Eagles are special talented young men. They all have unique qualities. :notworthy
I say good luck to any player who may have an offer from a college to play.
Best of luck!
Agreed, there aren't many kids that have the oppertunity to play college football. No matter what classification (NCAA Div. 1, 1AA, 2, 3 or NAIA) it is an honor, especially when you come from EKY where it seems like no one gets half as much recognition as the players in Central KY and the Louisville area.
All this John Johnson talk reminds me a lot of a former Wildcat, Josh Bentley. He was supposedly recruited pretty heavily by Kentucky and other D1 schools, and ended up at Pikeville College.

I don't want to question Johnson, but it seems like I'm experiencing Deja Vu here.

As for Brock Kinney going to an Ivy League school to play football. Smile Smile Smile
If we are talking in possibilities, I will mention a couple kids from Belfry

Dustin May
Matt Totten (he has the size @ 6'3" 280+)

I think Corey Chapman would be a nice addition to one of the State's NAIA schools at the DB position.
Also think Chad Steele could do well at an NAIA school as a TE.

Hasn't had much oppurtunity to show his hands, but is a very good blocker and has excellent size and strength. Chad hasn't quiet lived up to his potential IMO at Belfry, but has still given his heart and soul to the Pirates. I have heard the kid is a diligent worker and is very willing to listen to his coach.

I think Cumberland, Union, Pikeville etc could use a 6'3" 225 lb TE with the ability to fill out even more.
Chad could play some where as could Dustin and Corey as well some of the sophs and maybe Hickman but thats it for Belfry

John Johnson has extremly good feet and has the size so I would say he is going to play somewhere
Hickman is a scrappy player who looked pretty good at RB (disregarding fumbles), but he needs to put on 10 lbs and get a little stronger. He came off the ball well in the NCC game and ran hard.

I actually heard someone compare Hickman to Micheal Hackney. IMO, Hackney was as good a defensive player as Belfry has put on the field in MANY years (of course Doug and David).

Is it safe to say that Hickman will get his chance to show his stuff at TB next season? Also, given that both linebacker return, it would be logical to move his to safety next season given we lose 3 out of 4 in the secondary.