Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JCHS gets turf in '07 ????? Rumor
I was listening to the Paintsville radio station this morning when they announced that JC has been talking about putting down turf for next year. Along with this turf will be other accomadations badly needed by the football stadium. How great will this be?
This will be great for the program...but I thought they were going to get an indoor practice facility?
I heard they are going to do their baseball and football fields like Pikeville has theirs. Just a rumor from a JC coach.
So they are gonna put a new football field where the baseball field is?
Yea we all need to get a petition together so we all get artificial fields...lol
If any team needed a new surface it was JC. They had put new grass back when I was a Sr., but it didn't do nothing to help the drainage of the field. So the best thing they could've done it looks like they are doing.
Congrats to the JC program !
SunDoctor Wrote:I was listening to the Paintsville radio station this morning when they announced that JC has been talking about putting down turf for next year. Along with this turf will be other accomadations badly needed by the football stadium. How great will this be?
They are talking about it or are commited to doing it?

It would be great to have though. I think that all schools should have it if the funding is there!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thats great they need new bleachers on both sides of the field.
That's great... congrats JC!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:They are talking about it or are commited to doing it?

It would be great to have though. I think that all schools should have it if the funding is there!!

The school board has formed a committee to look into renovating the athletic complex at the high school. This could include new turf and bleachers for the football field and redesigning of the baseball fields.
They've talked about the baseball field for years, well at least since I was a freshman in high school. The football field just had a recent addition onto their weight room, so if anything I think they just need to look into getting that turf that way their soccer program can play on that instead of the baseball field.
I have heard that the baseball field will be turned if they do the turf deal. Getting rid of the old grandstands. I sure would like to see this. Turf for the football field will be great. If the football team continues to play like they are now, and goes deep into the playoffs, I am afraid there is going to be some problems with the field.
I think a great place to put another set of stands is on the opposite side of the field, after they put that dirt fill in to level out the track to about the creek. One side of black and gold, and the other a side full of disappointed faces. The only thing to think of is how are they going to get people on that side if they don't want them walking on the track and what not. If they do allow it, they could put up a fence type ordeal that Trinity has at their place, I think it would look sharp.
well i hope that JC gets it....i think that they deserve a new field for the way they have been playing
JWBN4EA Wrote:well i hope that JC gets it....i think that they deserve a new field for the way they have been playing

One season shouldn't determine if they get turf or not...I think that they should because everyone now days is going to that surface, they are on the rise and to get better competition for non-district games you have to have the nice perks to go with it for the other team. As long as the coach stays they will continue to get better, bigger teams will want to test their clubs against them, and to get them to come to their house instead of being on the road for those games they need a nice facility all around. The bleachers have been there since the beginning of the school, if they can expand on those or put up new ones to go along with that turf they will have the nicest facility in EKY.
I think this would be Great for the Football Team..But as far as the baseball feild if they are going turn it around to face the other way i think they should build some stands like they are now except with the benches all the way up them. Because haveing the locker room on the feild was one of the great things about the feild when i played there.. The football team also needs some more bleachers on the other side of the feild.. It would make it much easier to find a seat to watch the game.
this is a little sketchy, but there are rumors about pburg getting it next year..has anyone heard this?
Congrats JC...should be awesome... I just wish Somerset would get turf haha
PHSCARD Wrote:One season shouldn't determine if they get turf or not...I think that they should because everyone now days is going to that surface, they are on the rise and to get better competition for non-district games you have to have the nice perks to go with it for the other team. As long as the coach stays they will continue to get better, bigger teams will want to test their clubs against them, and to get them to come to their house instead of being on the road for those games they need a nice facility all around. The bleachers have been there since the beginning of the school, if they can expand on those or put up new ones to go along with that turf they will have the nicest facility in EKY.
Johnson Central was formed in the late 1960's. The football field was not built until the mid 1970's.
rooster Wrote:Johnson Central was formed in the late 1960's. The football field was not built until the mid 1970's.

Still, you get the point I'm trying to make, I know before JC had their own field they used Paintsville's, but the bleachers have been there forever, with all the upgrades they are talking about why not put up new ones or expand on the old ones. One thing I always did like about the bleachers were the tunnels they have leading to the stands. I sit above them so I don't have to worry about anyone walking in front of me.
dfblackcat53 Wrote:this is a little sketchy, but there are rumors about pburg getting it next year..has anyone heard this?
I heard the same thing, but I figured they would have done it this year instead of putting down new sod.