Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region?
Where will the regional tournament be this year?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

The regional is at Perry Central.
The Palace
When are the dates for the tournament?
The question aint where region is at but the question is "Who's ref'ing the region?"
Answer: 12th region.
Cordia will be a tough out.
So who is representing? These would be the likely candidates:

53rd - Knott and Cordia
54th - Perry and Hazard
55th - Breathitt and Wolfe
56th - Estill and Powell

Knott has demolished everyone they have played in the 14th region except the mighty, mighty Bulldogs. Perry has won some big games, but have not played well against the 14th region teams, especially Hazard and Knott. In regards to Cordia, they play well at times, but are extremely streaky. However, they do not oppose much of a challenge to Knott, which is their own district. Hazard has been more consistent than any team I have seen this year except Knott. They play everyone close and always have a chance to win. No disrespect to the 55th and 56th district, but I don't see these teams advancing too far in the region. I do believe Estill and Breathitt have the possibility of upsetting a good team, but I do not believe they will be crowned champions this year.

Critical keys to the regional tournament:
1. Outcomes of the 53rd and 54th district championship games - It is very difficult to win the region if you are runner up in the district. However, it is possible and can be done with the quality of teams both these districts have.
2. Team chemistry - Cordia and Perry have to develop this in the next two weeks. Cordia has added Ortiz and Chapman in their rotation and do not have Combs. Perry has suffered so many injuries. Now both teams are at full strength, team chemistry is vital. I don't believe Knott and Hazard have any issues here.
3. Player Rotation/Depth - This is a double edged sword. Cordia and Perry have more depth than any other teams. However, the coaching staff must identify player roles and reduce the substitutions at times. Lack of depth could hurt Knott in this tournament, as well as, Hazard in the post position.
4. Coaching Strategy - How will these teams approach each other? If you leave Justice open like Perry did the other night, then you might as well stay on the bus. Hazard has played Knott better than any team around this year. How do you handle the Beverly/Johnson combo, as well as , the Hudson/Hollen combo? These players are going to get an EXTREME amount of attention. Other players stepping up will be the key such as Cornett and Christon at Knott, Tobler and Toomer at Perry, and Thompson and Mobelini at Hazard. Cordia has one player that has to be contained (Cunningham). Now who will step up if this is done? To me, this has been Cordia's problem all year in the half court set. They do a great job in transition points, but half court basketball is left to be desired.
5. Draw - I understand that district champions and runner ups can't play each other. Are there any other limitations to the draw?

What are everyone's thoughts? I believe we will have the makings of a very special tournament and the 14th will be well represented at Rupp.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
So the 15th is not reffing the 14th this year
Warthog Wrote:So the 15th is not reffing the 14th this year

No, fortunately that is a fate that we won't have to suffer through this year.
I'm more excited for this regional tournament than any other in the state. Can't wait for it !
I may not know anything about BB but. I think I know a little about athletes . I saw Cordia Sunday they have athletes , speed, height, and one of the best Coaches in Kentucky. they may go all the way and win it all. Just My Opinion
topnotch Wrote:I may not know anything about BB but. I think I know a little about athletes . I saw Cordia Sunday they have athletes , speed, height, and one of the best Coaches in Kentucky. they may go all the way and win it all. Just My Opinion

I agree with their speed and height, but at the end of the day a team must be able to put points on the board. I have watched Cordia against Knott twice this year and they struggle scoring, especially around the rim. I am talking pre and post Ortiz/Chapman additions. Cunningham has been the only constant. If they can't score, they will not win. Mark it down!!!

:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
KCC may actually have to earn a trip to Rupp without the 15 region's finest having their back. No cake walk this year.
topnotch Wrote:I may not know anything about BB but. I think I know a little about athletes . I saw Cordia Sunday they have athletes , speed, height, and one of the best Coaches in Kentucky. they may go all the way and win it all. Just My Opinion

This post confirms it. You do not know anything about basketball.
D-ROCK Wrote:This post confirms it. You do not know anything about basketball.

I don't know how I let the "one of the best coaches in Kentucky" remark slip by me without pouncing on it...

I must be slipping

:why:
I would like to see cordia win the region...heck I'm going to pick them now...64SUR....most improve team in the 14th,,,,,,,just saying. :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:I would like to see cordia win the region...heck I'm going to pick them now...64SUR....most improve team in the 14th,,,,,,,just saying. :Cheerlead

It's not hard to be most improved when you get 7/8 kids that are diff makers eligible mid way thru the season! That's a no brainer!
ballstar Wrote:It's not hard to be most improved when you get 7/8 kids that are diff makers eligible mid way thru the season! That's a no brainer!

Why do you say 7\8 let's try 2 and minus a starter.
64SUR Wrote:I would like to see cordia win the region...heck I'm going to pick them now...64SUR....most improve team in the 14th,,,,,,,just saying. :Cheerlead

Why?
64SUR Wrote:Why do you say 7\8 let's try 2 and minus a starter.

Was CC eligible to start the season?
He didn't play the first few games.

And the starter that they lost was directly related to the others getting eligible...
so that isn't really an argument in favor of the Lions IMO
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Why?

I would love to see the 14th make it once to the final instead of one and done maybe cordia can be that team that can advance..just saying..I support all 14th region team...I hope leslie county upset hazard :pondering:
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Why?

:why: NOT CORDIA KENTUCKYFAN35 :mop:
inyourface Wrote:KCC may actually have to earn a trip to Rupp without the 15 region's finest having their back. No cake walk this year.

You can't blame last year on anyone.
Warthog Wrote:You can't blame last year on anyone.

:truestory:
I'll pick the 14th over the 4th this year in State Tourney. I don't care what month it is.....if Cordia can get a win over the best team in the 4th so can Knott, Perry or Hazard.