Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 54 Leslie Co 44
Congratulations to Cordia. :welcome:
:notbad: One hell of a ballgame :Cheerlead
Congrats to Cordia on winning the All A!

This was a dandy until a 5 point swing a technical in the 4th. It was all Cordia after that.

I thought Cordia would win this by 20.

They have the talent to get a ring at the All A.
congrats to Cordia.
Congrats Cordia. Best of luck in the All A. I'm sure they will represent the mountains well. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Is Newport Catholic central in all a tournament? If so they will win all A. Cordia,, I wonder if they will take Knott county bus to the Frankfort. But they r a private school right
Very hard fought game. Leslie is a very physical team. Cunningham proved to be clutch down the stretch sinking all of his free throws. I think a big key was Asher getting his fourth foul in the 3rd quarter. That and Mike Melton's horrible foul call on a ball rolling on the floor which resulted in a technical foul.
Congrats to Cordia, sounds like this one would have been a good watch.
Good job Cordia.
Congrats Cordia
Earlier in the season Cordia took Newport Catholic to 2OT, I believe Cordia has a chance but with any team who has a chance everything has to come together and you got to have a little bit of luck your way as well.

Closer game than what most people thought but a win is a win, refs did let the game get out of hand, was like a football game out there at one point, real physical game which went in Leslie's favor! I heard that the cheerleader has a strained back and strained neck for anybody who wants to know.
Could it be that Cordia slightly overlooked Leslie? I thought they would win this game by at least 20, but I wasn't at the game. I did see Leslie defeat Lee Thursday, and the Leslie team that I saw that night shouldn't be able to play Cordia as close as this score. Maybe the Eagles just had a bad game against Lee. Someone at the game said they had a young team so the future should be bright for them.
Congrats Cordia.Glad to see Coach Rhodes get that first big win with all the criticism he has taken over the last couple years.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Could it be that Cordia slightly overlooked Leslie? I thought they would win this game by at least 20, but I wasn't at the game. I did see Leslie defeat Lee Thursday, and the Leslie team that I saw that night shouldn't be able to play Cordia as close as this score. Maybe the Eagles just had a bad game against Lee. Someone at the game said they had a young team so the future should be bright for them.

Or could it be Leslie's coaches had a heck of a gameplan put together???
Congrats Cordia. 14th should be interesting come tournament time as none of them seem to really stand out at this point.
The game plan for Leslie co was to absolutely kill cordia when they came inside. Those refs would not call anything on the cordia end and on the Leslie end it was touch foul city keeping Leslie in the game. Everyone knows that has watched cordia this year is that CC is a good finisher at the rim and scores in the lane quiet regularly he had 17 points last night and 15 came on free throws, he was mugged all night. I think Leslie co game plan was to try to get cordia into a fight. Game was very,very physical. I witnessed a Leslie player numerous times intentionally standing on cordia players feet. The trash talking all night. I am sure cordia probably did their part too but it was not as visible as from Leslie co. Last night was almost like a street ball game very ulgy Leslie co got what they wanted but just did not have enough horse power. If this game was called better cordia wins this by 20 plus. Cordia has proved they can grind a game out with the best of them good win for the lions. Good luck in the state.
jacobcody2 Wrote:Is Newport Catholic central in all a tournament? If so they will win all A. Cordia,, I wonder if they will take Knott county bus to the Frankfort. But they r a private school right

Ncc beat cordia by one in double overtime earlier this season. Won't be to easy for them.
Buford T Justice Wrote:The game plan for Leslie co was to absolutely kill cordia when they came inside. Those refs would not call anything on the cordia end and on the Leslie end it was touch foul city keeping Leslie in the game. Everyone knows that has watched cordia this year is that CC is a good finisher at the rim and scores in the lane quiet regularly he had 17 points last night and 15 came on free throws, he was mugged all night. I think Leslie co game plan was to try to get cordia into a fight. Game was very,very physical. I witnessed a Leslie player numerous times intentionally standing on cordia players feet. The trash talking all night. I am sure cordia probably did their part too but it was not as visible as from Leslie co. Last night was almost like a street ball game very ulgy Leslie co got what they wanted but just did not have enough horse power. If this game was called better cordia wins this by 20 plus. Cordia has proved they can grind a game out with the best of them good win for the lions. Good luck in the state.

Sounds like there were a lot of fouls called on Leslie since Cunningham had 15 from the line. Those are Durante type of numbers. Sounds like Leslie came to play. Cordia won the game but if the physical play bothered them they won't last long in the tournament
Cordia big kids are as soft as they come and it's about time someone
busted CC and those other little cocky guards in the mouth. Wished that little
joke of a ref Cook hadnt called that T. Might of been a different game.
Cook is like NCAA ref they call TV teddy. Cook think people come see him instead of the players. When u get cook n Napier calling the game it is like they r the main event.
Cook did not ref that game. Spuds, Melton, and Ritchie were the officials. The kid that got the technical had been running off at the mouth all game. He was taunting the Cordia players and taunting the Cordia crowd all night.
jacobcody2 Wrote:Cook is like NCAA ref they call TV teddy. Cook think people come see him instead of the players. When u get cook n Napier calling the game it is like they r the main event.

Cook is okay...but Princess Napier is by far the worst official in the area. O my bad he is the best official money can buy.
As a former player I am glad that i was able to get my picture with the trophy!!!!!!!!
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Cordia big kids are as soft as they come and it's about time someone
busted CC and those other little cocky guards in the mouth. Wished that little
joke of a ref Cook hadnt called that T. Might of been a different game.

Wow!! I sure hope the bulldogs4ever is not Hazard. If so, you sure do make us look bad.
As I keep looking at scores throughout the season, im led to believe the 14th is not so much better than the 13th like so many would like to believe.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:As I keep looking at scores throughout the season, im led to believe the 14th is not so much better than the 13th like so many would like to believe.

Gut from top to bottom in the 14th the 13th may have 2 teams in the top 12 :Sad04:
You are right about the 14th Region Refs. They are horrible. They give all the calls to KCC and PCC if those two teams are playing. If they aren't, then it is whoever must pay them the most. I can't believe Cordia just beat Leslie by 10! :lame: