Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Year of the Cardinal" is over!!
http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...-cardinals

Guess RIUTG will be the spokesman when U of L hires Petrino back at Looserville.
If Petrino goes back to Lville, UK might beat them once every 10 years.
Yea....the sky is falling...lol. Petrino is UK's worse nightmare in football. The basketball Cards..both men and women are doing just fine. The baseball team is ranked eighth in the nation. No one expects a repeat of last year. But when is the last time UK had a football coach hired away from them....by what might be the best college football job in the country?
I honestly hope BP goes back to the U of L. But any hire will be good. As long as it isn't Joker Phillips.. Lol.
Chuck Smith

why not lol
yes the mighty Ball State Cardinals who scored 40 points a game get beat by Arkansas State with back up qb and a coach that don't have a job today because of the new staff..........most so called experts had them winning this game easy..........way to go REDWOLFS......
USA TODAY Sports

Former Louisville head football coach Charlie Strong is heading to Texas to replace Mack Brown, leaving big shoes to fill in Kentucky. As news of Strong’s move broke, Louisville students made a banner campaigning for the return of current Western Kentucky head coach Bobby Petrino, which hung from a railing of the Swain Student Activities Center Saturday morning.

Petrino coached the Cardinals for four seasons, compiling a 41-9 record. His final game in charge of the Cardinals was a 24-13 win over Wake Forest in the 2007 Orange Bowl. Petrino also spent a year as the Cardinals’ offensive coordinator in 1998.

Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich told USA TODAY Sports that the search for a replacement is “wide-open.”

“It’s a wide-open job; there’s no preconceived notions right now,” he said. “I want to go quick. Time should be of the essence. I want to get the right person, I’ll tell you that…. I’ll consider everybody. Everybody is in play.”

Petrino was the overwhelming choice to replace Strong among voters in an online poll posted by Louisville’s Fox affiliate WDRB.
USA TODAY Sports

Former Louisville head football coach Charlie Strong is heading to Texas to replace Mack Brown, leaving big shoes to fill in Kentucky. As news of Strong’s move broke, Louisville students made a banner campaigning for the return of current Western Kentucky head coach Bobby Petrino, which hung from a railing of the Swain Student Activities Center Saturday morning.

Petrino coached the Cardinals for four seasons, compiling a 41-9 record. His final game in charge of the Cardinals was a 24-13 win over Wake Forest in the 2007 Orange Bowl. Petrino also spent a year as the Cardinals’ offensive coordinator in 1998.

Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich told USA TODAY Sports that the search for a replacement is “wide-open.”

“It’s a wide-open job; there’s no preconceived notions right now,” he said. “I want to go quick. Time should be of the essence. I want to get the right person, I’ll tell you that…. I’ll consider everybody. Everybody is in play.”

Petrino was the overwhelming choice to replace Strong among voters in an online poll posted by Louisville’s Fox affiliate WDRB.
Personally...my opinion is whoever Tom Jurich hires will be fine. But again, Petrino is UK's worst nightmare. If hired he would be stepping into a fine offensive unit and the defense won't be bad. There are some very good candidates out there.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Yea....the sky is falling...lol. Petrino is UK's worse nightmare in football. The basketball Cards..both men and women are doing just fine. The baseball team is ranked eighth in the nation. No one expects a repeat of last year. But when is the last time UK had a football coach hired away from them....by what might be the best college football job in the country?

If beating bad teams by a bunch and losing to good teams is fine then that is what Loserville is.

To answer the last question which reeks of hyperbole. Bear Bryant.
Please God let Jurich hire Scumbag back.
I know some of you are die hard UK fans..
But us beating UL in football is simply out of the question, think logically.
We may get a nice recruit here and there simply on our basketball program and they have in their mind that they will get some honey's.
FBALL Wrote:Please God let Jurich hire Scumbag back.
Careful what you wish for. That would probably cost Stoops and BARNHEAD there jobs. The big money boosters have not got over him not hiring Petrino. Two straight losses to Louisville under Petrino and they both would be gone. We showed no improvement In any area this year, and if we showed only minimal improvement in all areas next year we are still several years from catching up. I say there is some people in Lexington sweating bullets right now.
No need to be careful. Bring back scumbag. Triple dog dare ya.
Ballers Wrote:I know some of you are die hard UK fans..
But us beating UL in football is simply out of the question, think logically.
We may get a nice recruit here and there simply on our basketball program and they have in their mind that they will get some honey's.

I can't help but laugh at that. It was just a few years back UK had the win streak and the upper hand. It amazes me what a short sighted society we are some times.
^
Yea, cause we all know Kragthorpe was the bomb.
FBALL Wrote:I can't help but laugh at that. It was just a few years back UK had the win streak and the upper hand. It amazes me what a short sighted society we are some times.

I still love mark stoops. This program will be fine no matter what LOSERVILLE does
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I still love mark stoops. This program will be fine no matter what LOSERVILLE does

Yes UK did....in the Kragthorpe years. Be glad Strong wasn't hired then. And your program will never be better than it was then. And UK fans will be fine with that. Six, seven wins with the occasional upset and the Banjo Bowl. What's UK called? 2-10...again.
Personally I think the Texas job will eat Strong alive. Not the football aspects, all of the other off-field requirements that are much more important at a place like Texas. Louisville was the perfect fit for him. As far as the Louisville program, the sun don't shine on the same dog's *** everyday.
Last night the front runner was Rich Rod, I can't figure this one out. On his part moving to Louisville would have to be a step down, and on Louisville part he has already proved he can't coach BIG BOY football if you can call the Big whatever they are now BIG BOY football.