Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath vs. Lexington Christian Academy?
This game, being played at Bath County, will be the 2nd district game for both teams, with Bath coming in 4-0, (1-0) in district, and LCA coming in 3-2, (1-0) in district. Bath, coming off a shutout win at Fairview, 26-0, and LCA, coming off a win against Raceland, 21-10, will both be looking to gain momentum as they get deeper into district play. Bath County's offense, led my Zak Metz and Wayne Stevens, should be able to put some points on the board with a strong running game. Bath's passing defense, led by Stevens and Justin Mitchell, should be able to contain LCA's recievers fairly well. LCA's offense, led by Dominque Hayden, should be able to run the ball, but have been known to have fumblitis every so often. LCA's strong defense will have to force turnovers from Bath to keep their offense in check. I see this game coming down to which team tackles the best and which team makes less turnovers. These 2 factors will determine this game.
My prediction(Bath fan)
Bath 28
LCA 20
I believe Bath County's win streak will end this week. Raceland is a good team and LCA handled them fairly well as they came in with a great gameplan. If they can establish another good gameplan this week, LCA should be able to pull out the win. Right now, an 11 point win over Raceland is more impressive than a 26 point win over Fairview. Raceland has been playing great all season including a win over Ashland while Fairview has seemed to be struggling.

LCA - 28
Bath - 14
This will be a defensive game and I believe the team that commits the most turnovers loses this game. Bath co.'s turnover margin is excellent this year compared to LCA's. Fairview's QB was supposed to throw all over Bath co.'s defense but he only picked up 15 yards through the air. Fairview only had 106 yards of total offense. Bath co. has led all 4 games this year in Time of possession. This stat may not mean a whole lot to some but when your offense runs time off the clock, the other offense doesn't have as much time to score (Raceland is my exception to this stat). LCA's team is led by runningback Dominique Hayden but if he's not on the field with a lot of time, he can't as many carries. Less carries = less yards = less points. Bath co.'s coaching staff is going to put LCA in a position to where they have to throw the ball and that's when Bath co.'s smothering secondary is going to come into play. Blandon Clemons, Justin Mitchell, and Shandy Karrick all have a handful of picks this year and young DB Caleb Baber has numerous tipped balls. This will be like two trains running together at full steam but who's going to come off track first?

Nuffsaid's Prediction
Bath co. - 30
LCA - 21
OOOOOHHHHHHHHH............... I see OT with LCA winning by 1 point,, missed extra point will haunt Bath.....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
lca will win 28-20
easy game lca.
Lca
Is LCA just that good or something? After watching them play raceland, it seems to me that their quarterback hates to get hit, he throws the ball up in the air for everyone to catch, and their running game is not really strong either. The recievers seem to go half speed with Hayden being the only real offensive threat to Bath. Baths offense line is powerful and should be able to drive lca back off the line. Dont chalk this up a win just yet for LCa