Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green 61 Whitley Co 56 TJ Sampson Championship
A lot better final than most expected.
Whitley has really improved.
Whitley is the most improved team in the region and is flying under the radar. They play young kids a So. at the 1, at the 3, and 4 and an 8th grader get a large amount of playing time.

Whitley had a one point lead late in the game after fighting back from being as much as 12 down. This is a team that plays hard and does not give up.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Whitley is the most improved team in the region and is flying under the radar. They play young kids a So. at the 1, at the 3, and 4 and an 8th grader get a large amount of playing time.

It may damage my credibility, but I'd agree with that.
Impressive performance.
This BG team has only lost to Trinity and Etown. Only lost to Trinity by 5 which is the same the throttled Corbin by 32.

I know we cant compare scores, but its very encouraging to see us playing with some of the best. It makes me wonder if were starting to play as a team because early losses like South Laurel seem to puzzle me considering who Whitley has beaten and played with.
RIUTG: Whitley is a different team now, different personal, different starters and different mind set.

HDE: Although we do tend to disagree, I have been known to agree from time to time with you so it is okay to agree with me once in a great while.

Whitley still has a lot of work to do but they do have a great foundation. If they continue to work hard they will continue to improve.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This BG team has only lost to Trinity and Etown. Only lost to Trinity by 5 which is the same the throttled Corbin by 32.

I know we cant compare scores, but its very encouraging to see us playing with some of the best. It makes me wonder if were starting to play as a team because early losses like South Laurel seem to puzzle me considering who Whitley has beaten and played with.

Bowling Green's two losses came before the football players joined the team. They haven't lost since. The Purples play Warren Central next week in a 4th Region showdown.