Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co 60 Middlesboro 52
Whitley shoots poorly but hangs on!
At 5-3 I think the Colonels are surprising some of the pundits and should only continue to get better.
^
I wont deny it.
There shocking the hell out of me.

Im really surprised they are doing this well. I think the verdict is still out on whether or not they've improved that much or if the rest of the region is way down.
You have to agree that Overbey was just what Whitley needed.
I would not put a lot of stock by beating Middlesboro by 8. They may have the worst team Thompson has had since he has been there. Thompson can still make them dangerous come tournament time, but they are bad.
PRIDE101 Wrote:I would not put a lot of stock by beating Middlesboro by 8. They may have the worst team Thompson has had since he has been there. Thompson can still make them dangerous come tournament time, but they are bad.

You must not know much about Whitley basketball.
I disagree, Middlesboro always has some nice athletes. They have two of the top 10 talents in the 13th region back from last season.
It may not be as good as the last two years, but Middlesboro only won four or five games his first year there. This team is definitely better than that. Whitley and Middlesboro are in that 5-15 group in the region right now. They can beat just about anybody or could lose to anyone except Red Bird, and maybe Lynn Camp.
HDE Wrote:It may not be as good as the last two years, but Middlesboro only won four or five games his first year there. This team is definitely better than that. Whitley and Middlesboro are in that 5-15 group in the region right now. They can beat just about anybody or could lose to anyone except Red Bird, and maybe Lynn Camp.

Whitley had 5 wins in 11-12 and 8 in 12-13 so 13 and 48 last 2 years. Whitley is young and inexperienced. Their starting 5 are gone from last year. They are playing hard which will keep you in games and win some games you might not should have.
I said this summer I was impressed with how hard Whitley played. I think they have a shot in the 50th with no dominant teams.
HDE Wrote:It may not be as good as the last two years, but Middlesboro only won four or five games his first year there. This team is definitely better than that. Whitley and Middlesboro are in that 5-15 group in the region right now. They can beat just about anybody or could lose to anyone except Red Bird, and maybe Lynn Camp.

Middlesboro will win no more than 8 this year, so I guess you can say they are a little better than the first. Thompson is one of the best coaches in the region that is why ai say they can be dangerous tournament time.
footballfever Wrote:Whitley had 5 wins in 11-12 and 8 in 12-13 so 13 and 48 last 2 years. Whitley is young and inexperienced. Their starting 5 are gone from last year. They are playing hard which will keep you in games and win some games you might not should have.

My point exactly.