Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan 53 Pineville 52
Final
Another good win for Harlan.

In our 13th Region Power Rankings, we have Harlan at 12th and Pineville at 14th.

Harlan is now 4-2 on the season, while Pineville falls to 3-5. You can see the rest of te 13th Region team records here:

13th Region Records
Pineville played well this game. In fact led a majority of the game. But young guard Drew parks was clutch at the end of this one. Hitting a three to give them a three point advantage and also making the two free throws putting pineville barely outta reach.
Also once again Tyler Miller proving to be disappointing for the dragons early on with foul trouble and not much offense if any for Harlan this game.
Tyler Miller has fell in our last edition of 13th Region Player Rankings.

Parks is a good guard. I also like Busroe. They have some good young talent.

We wrote about some of the young talent in the region. We left Parks out, but included Busroe.

Future is Bright in the 13th Region
He definitely not playing the way he is capable of playing right now. Parks was solid with a few mistakes this game. Harlan and Harlan Co has a lot of young talent this year.
Miller has to fall in the ITCS rankings because he may not be the best player on his own team. Harlan was shaky with the ball again last night. Unless something drastically changes, I think Harlan is not in the discussion in terms of regional contenders. The question is, where are they ranked in the class "A" right now? I think they're probably middle of the pack behind Jackson Co., Barbourville, Williamsburg, and Middlesboro.
Per Harlancountysports.com

Harlan (53) — Noah Busroe 2, Drew Parks 10, Aaron Simpson 19, Tyler Miller 5, Jordon Dupar 4, Leighton Piper 0, Manny Davis 10, Brandon Osborne 3.

Pineville (52) — Isaac Longworth 11, Cody Collett 6, John Robbins 12, Connor Ford 9, Dalton Ledbetter 8, John Sproles 6, Will Adams 0.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:Miller has to fall in the ITCS rankings because he may not be the best player on his own team. Harlan was shaky with the ball again last night. Unless something drastically changes, I think Harlan is not in the discussion in terms of regional contenders. The question is, where are they ranked in the class "A" right now? I think they're probably middle of the pack behind Jackson Co., Barbourville, Williamsburg, and Middlesboro.

This is just so difficult for me to believe! I really thought he would complete that team; with the young guards (BUT highly talented, IMO).

This is a real shame for Miller.
I said before that Miller was a little overrated. The kid is a decent player but may have been overhyped. I may have been wrong by declaring him Harlan's best player. At this point, im not so sure of that. With that said, IMO he would have been a much better fit staying put at HC. Like they always say, the grass is not always greener on the other side.
He has fallen and will probably continue to fall. He should be their best player, but he isn't, at this point.