Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank You Student-Athletes
Student-Athletes,

Too often us adults get caught up in the win, the championship (conference, district, etc ) and the all conference, district, state teams…..me included. Heck I promote them on BGR myself. And that's why I'm sharing this thread. To me it's the most important of the year.

It's a sincere thank you to the team and all parties involved. The unhonored scout team players who make the team better every practice. The 2nd teamers who bust hump to challenge the starter for their spot. The unexpected act of kindness' by a teammate when one is down. The trainer who gets it, and protects your long term interests! The water boy who thinks all of you are heroes. The bus driver who gets you safely to your destination. The countless pre-game meals served statewide to feed you by family and friends. The parents that believe in you and see the value in a team sport who also support you week in, week out.

Congratulations for strapping on a helmet and challenging yourself to get better this season. All of you are very important. Football is a great team sport that if you pay attention? Will teach you a lot about yourself, your teammates, coaches, and about life in general.

Have a good attitude, work hard, be disciplined, engage your coaches. The work you do between now and summer workouts will serve you well. So whether you played for 6A State Champ Scott Co or are a freshman scout team player for an 0-10 1A team, all of you are important and thank you for your hard work, time, and courage!

Thanks for the memories and giving all of us yay-who's something to type about in our free time Confusednicker:!

Take care and God bless you...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Thank y'all for putting up with me also from 64SUR :thanks:
Here here !!! There's nothing like Friday night at the game...and all you guys are the be thanked for making it happen....

:1:
I couldn't agree more!! Nicely said, Spirit100.

64SUR, I will tell you straight out that this site would be NOTHING without you and your great posts. I look forward to reading them every single day!!
Well said!!

Football players make HUGE sacrifices to play this game. Not everybody can be a football player, it takes a special breed of person to practice in the heat and cold.