Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 72 Pineville 51
Final from HC
Great job Bears. Impressive performance. This team can go 9 or 10 deep and not drop off much if any. HC freshmen are impressive. HC has only one senior on the team, Scotty Bailey, HC quarterback and has not played since he was in 8th grade. But don't get me wrong, you wouldn't know that Scotty has not played in a while. Awesome kid. This HC team is young and inexperienced but will get better and is fun to watch.
Looks like the best team in the district right now!
I flew home to post this last night and forgot the score!!!!
And it wasn't like I didn't HAVE it, I even got it after the game and wrote it down, but couldn't find my paper.
Children, getting old is hell!!

Anyway, I was quite impressed with our performance tonight. We need to gel more as a team, some of our kids (mine included at the top) still have that football mentality. That's normal, but the was the officials are calling the game....wow.
I'm not saying they were necessarily bad, but this hand check rule is gonna kill us! LOL

I did not like the T called last night at all!!!! I overheard the conversation with Coach Jones, and the official told me that the kid who had just gotten a common foul, commented to no one in particular....."that was a terrible call". He got teed up. Well, if I could hear him, then he could hear me..right. So I yelled at the ref...It WAS a terrible call and you just teed up a player for telling the truth.

I'm back in basketball mode!!!
Confusednicker:

Congratulations Black Bears!!! Middlesboro next on Thursday night. God, I love Middlesboro's coach. Also like Mr. Strange from Pineville....class act!!
Was good to see the Wilson kid playing. Thought he would be out all of basketball season? He will give them a scoring boost off the bench, as well as the Freshmen.

Granny Bear, can't agree more, Thompson and Strange are great coaches as well as great people.
^^
Oh I love both of them!!! Strange always gets 100% out of any team that he has, and he is such a great guy. Thompson has coached one of mine before in AAU, so I know what he does behind the scenes! This area is lucky to have both as youth leaders, IMO.

Now, Zach Wilson was a huge boost to us last night. That kid can fly. We were whispering in the stands that he may have "cheated" and come back early, but we were wrong. He was released to play last night because he has healed so well, and has done remarkably well in his rehab......a testament to his commitment!!

I just love Willy!
I think HC has a chance to make some noise this year. They are the best team in the 52nd District and are very young. They'll definitely improve throughout the season.

We currently have them ranked as our 5th best team in the region in our 13th Region Power Rankings.
It all depends on how well we gel as a team. I must admit, I liked what I saw last night. Jones would sub 5 for 5, and lost little if anything. I was surprised!

I will tell you right now that it's difficult for me to be objective about this team! I know almost every single one of them well, and they are such a great group of kids.