Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins shocks FTH with TD at 14sec in the game
:biglmao:This was about as storybook as it gets....Collins better known for their passing attack, ran the ball down FTH throats. They could not key on Senior running back Ryan Watkins who has amassed 1500 yrds of total offense this season, this could have been the missing component to last yrs defeat. Having Watkins in the backfield opened up other targets and took the pressure off of WKU commit Deandre Farris who was the primary target for teams due to his 4.4 speed. This team has 3 1000 plus yrd athletes in Farris (2000 plus all purpose yrds), Sames 1000yds plus recieving and Watkins. Lucas knew all season that if it came down to it that no one could stop the run game, Lawson Page running the option alot of the season was able to make big runs when he needed to due to the fact the Watkins became a major target. This tandem of incredible athletes on offense, stacked with a top not defense led by Masai Whyte (WKU commit) completed this team and took them to the top. Even in the face of adversity, second string QB Becherrer took the snap with ice in his veins and made the play down in the 4th quarter with only 14 seconds left in regulation on 4th down...WOW!! I dont know how this is an upset...Collins has atleast 7 potential D-1 athletes in Farris, Page, Watkins, Sames, Wilson, Jones, and Whyte..doesnt sound like upset to me..sounds like they were overlooked!! Way to go Titans!!
Great game. I was stunned. I think it is actually a good thing for Highlands as well. That will drive them for all of next year.