Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn @ Cordia 12/05
This is how I was taught to do it...

[Image: http://s11.postimg.org/84okj7jg3/ball_bust2.png]
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I believe the goaltending was due to the cordia player slapping the back board. Which is the same as hitting or grabing the net.

Now let's not confuse anyone...
that would be "basket interference" and not goal tending.

But I don't know anything about basketball.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I believe the goaltending was due to the cordia player slapping the back board. Which is the same as hitting or grabing the net.
Seriously????????????????????? The Cordia players hand pinned the ball on the backboard, he never contacted it himself. Was a great play, wish everyone would leave it alone. The other Buckhorn player that missed the wide open layup after the rebound is what everyone should be talking about, but they don't want to blame the loss on something logical.
Wall4president Wrote:Seriously????????????????????? The Cordia players hand pinned the ball on the backboard, he never contacted it himself. Was a great play, wish everyone would leave it alone. The other Buckhorn player that missed the wide open layup after the rebound is what everyone should be talking about, but they don't want to blame the loss on something logical.

What would be the fun in that?

I just can't logically figure out how Buckhorn had a shot to tie this game with under a minute left if they were outmatched at every position.
Wall4president Wrote:Seriously????????????????????? The Cordia players hand pinned the ball on the backboard, he never contacted it himself. Was a great play, wish everyone would leave it alone. The other Buckhorn player that missed the wide open layup after the rebound is what everyone should be talking about, but they don't want to blame the loss on something logical.

Yes Seriously!!!
The cordia player hit the back board, wether the ball would have went in the basket or not that is,as Zaga said "basket interference"!!!
Aside from the game, during the starting lineups to me was probably the lowest thing I have ever seen. Cordia called Connor Hoskins Cameron which was the name of his twin brother who passed away a few years ago. To me that is as low as one can go. Completely disrespectful.
zaga_fan Wrote:This is how I was taught to do it...

[Image: http://s11.postimg.org/84okj7jg3/ball_bust2.png]
Nice pic, your parents must be so proud, you are a such a great artst! And yes that is where people are taught to shoot the ball, and if this is where he would of shot it, we would not be having this discussion, because then the ball would not of been pinned to the far right hand side of the backboard about a foot away from the rim.:igiveup:
What does it matter?!? Cunningham was mugged at half court to give the ball to BHS. BHS played great and CHS with exception of CC played horrible. Game over
I don't know who trashed the locker room. But I have sympathy for whoever had to clean it up. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Also I've seen a few post on Facebook from a few of my Cordia faithful about the foul differential, I'm sorry but when you play man to man defense and the other team plays zone and you bring a lot of pressure then it will be like that EVERY GAME YOU PLAY!!!! Especially when you shoot so many 3's and not attack the zone which Cordia didn't do near enough. You can't expect to play hard nose man to man defense and not get fouls lop sided, especially against a zone.

I do believe if they can learn how to attack a zone then nobody in this region could beat them, but they struggled the entire season last year so I hope they can figure it out. C'mon Lions, we all want to see you all play at Rupp! Honestly, anything less then winning the 14th region this year will be a disappointment.
Brother Cecil Wrote:I don't know who trashed the locker room. But I have sympathy for whoever had to clean it up. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.

It's good to have ya back, Cecil!

Where ya been?
If Coach Rhodes had acted like Buckhorn's coach and players at the end of the game, he'd have gotten a two game suspension at the very least. That to me is more upsetting that the fouls called or lack of fouls called. And yes, officials do sometimes determine the outcome of the game by how they officiate in crucial parts of the game. Coach Rhodes is not the only intense coach in this region. I once saw Dook throw a chair across the gym at Dilce Combs. Since Rhodes has been here, his every move on the bench is watched, just looking to T him up. Just another problem he'll have to overcome. He's working on it!
zaga_fan Wrote:It's good to have ya back, Cecil!

Where ya been?

I have been out of the area for a while glad to see you missed me. I see you have been holding the fort down as usual. Thanks for the welcome back. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
RoyHobbs Wrote:If Coach Rhodes had acted like Buckhorn's coach and players at the end of the game, he'd have gotten a two game suspension at the very least. That to me is more upsetting that the fouls called or lack of fouls called. And yes, officials do sometimes determine the outcome of the game by how they officiate in crucial parts of the game. Coach Rhodes is not the only intense coach in this region. I once saw Dook throw a chair across the gym at Dilce Combs. Since Rhodes has been here, his every move on the bench is watched, just looking to T him up. Just another problem he'll have to overcome. He's working on it!

No, they knew they couldn't T Coach Noble or any of the players up for their actions because they knew they missed a call at the end of the game and possilby costed Buckhorn the game. That's exactly why none of the coaches or players got a Technical for BHS.
Don't look like knott's going to have much trouble with the lions this year unless they get some more recruits. That's not a problem for cordia. Just need to see what position they need to fill.
RoyHobbs Wrote:If Coach Rhodes had acted like Buckhorn's coach and players at the end of the game, he'd have gotten a two game suspension at the very least. That to me is more upsetting that the fouls called or lack of fouls called. And yes, officials do sometimes determine the outcome of the game by how they officiate in crucial parts of the game. Coach Rhodes is not the only intense coach in this region. I once saw Dook throw a chair across the gym at Dilce Combs. Since Rhodes has been here, his every move on the bench is watched, just looking to T him up. Just another problem he'll have to overcome. He's working on it!
Yes they are going to play hardball with us but we will play our game with heads up! Rhodes has a hot head but cool minds will prevail. Lotts Creek lets pray for Rhodes, support him and remind him at times what the end goal is- to Rupp! lol. With no suspensions.
griffman Wrote:No, they knew they couldn't T Coach Noble or any of the players up for their actions because they knew they missed a call at the end of the game and possilby costed Buckhorn the game. That's exactly why none of the coaches or players got a Technical for BHS.

Or maybe it was because the game was over and it wasn't worth the trouble!:HitWall: