Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lex Cath- Russell Co Updates
Lex Cath 7 Russell Co 0 half

Penalties are killing the Lakers
There is nothing to update. As expected, Lex Catholic was the most experience and battle tested team tonight. Score was not close as it indicates. 34-14. I must say Lakers threw punches and stood toe to toe in the 1st half. Again the more experience team regrouped, and executed in the 2nd half.
Congrats to LEXCATH.
I was close 37-19 Catholic.
Where is all the Russell County Boys tonight? I am assuming still trying to get off the floor from being stunned. We told you that's what would happen when you don't play a schedule that prepares you for the playoffs. Instead, you play a soft schedule just to have that regular season win/loss record look good. You played 1 challenging football team all year in week 3 against Pulaski County. The "REAL" teams play a competitive non conference schedule not afraid to lose, but rather to prepare for the tough playoff games. I have seen this for the last couple of years over at RC. They always have a descent team but never can advance come playoff time. This year's team wasn't nearly as good as last but they still could have made a run at Lexington Catholic had they been challenged and ready and battle tested. From what I hear, the program is getting ready to really suffer as the underclassmen have very little talent. Gonna be a rebuilding phase for quite some time! It's ashame they couldn't anchor down and get out of that 2nd round with all the talent they have had. Yes, I am sure some will be happy to have 1 playoff win each year but at some point you have to want more and achieve bigger things.
Well all I wanna say is the officiating was horrible, hard to keep playing and coming back from all the calls against the lakers tonight, it was like playing 11 vs 15should have been a one score game either way ,horible.
rc58 Wrote:Well all I wanna say is the officiating was horrible, hard to keep playing and coming back from all the calls against the lakers tonight, it was like playing 11 vs 15should have been a one score game either way ,horible.

Oh you mean all the no call on the intentional grounding by your QB? At least 2 no calls there, or was it the interception by LC's cornerback that was call pass interference? How is it a pass interference if the defender was in front of the primary receiver? Or whats it the cheap shot that your linebacker did at the end of the game that got him kicked out? So which penalties are you referring to? Dude bow down in defeat, don't make excuses.:igiveup:
rc58 Wrote:Well all I wanna say is the officiating was horrible, hard to keep playing and coming back from all the calls against the lakers tonight, it was like playing 11 vs 15should have been a one score game either way ,horible.

LOL. On your home field? That's an argument you don't see often.
No Heart, No Chance Wrote:Where is all the Russell County Boys tonight? I am assuming still trying to get off the floor from being stunned. We told you that's what would happen when you don't play a schedule that prepares you for the playoffs. Instead, you play a soft schedule just to have that regular season win/loss record look good. You played 1 challenging football team all year in week 3 against Pulaski County. The "REAL" teams play a competitive non conference schedule not afraid to lose, but rather to prepare for the tough playoff games. I have seen this for the last couple of years over at RC. They always have a descent team but never can advance come playoff time. This year's team wasn't nearly as good as last but they still could have made a run at Lexington Catholic had they been challenged and ready and battle tested. From what I hear, the program is getting ready to really suffer as the underclassmen have very little talent. Gonna be a rebuilding phase for quite some time! It's ashame they couldn't anchor down and get out of that 2nd round with all the talent they have had. Yes, I am sure some will be happy to have 1 playoff win each year but at some point you have to want more and achieve bigger things.

You are clueless. Guess you should tell all the other teams that lost in this round the same thing. I would lower myself to your level and compare you to a jerk but I'm sure you would take it as a compliment .
Wildcat18 Wrote:LOL. On your home field? That's an argument you don't see often.

Yeah, I think the officials rode the the charter with Catholic.
FBfan4life Wrote:Oh you mean all the no call on the intentional grounding by your QB? At least 2 no calls there, or was it the interception by LC's cornerback that was call pass interference? How is it a pass interference if the defender was in front of the primary receiver? Or whats it the cheap shot that your linebacker did at the end of the game that got him kicked out? So which penalties are you referring to? Dude bow down in defeat, don't make excuses.:igiveup:

It is easy to bow down in defeat when the victors are humble winners. You guys do not understand a concept like that.
rc58 Wrote:Yeah, I think the officials rode the the charter with Catholic.

Those were some pretty bus huh? Get a clue brother. Your squad lost for several reasons. Better team, better non district schedule, better execution in the 2nd half, heck better players period. I betcha you all have not seen the type of athletes you all saw from Lex Cath all season, with the exception of Pulaski and look what they did to you all. Hey I wasn't going to talk junk or trash, but when rc58 blames it on official :ChairHit:and claims it would have been a different outcome cause of it, then it's on.
Congratulations to all the non-conceded Lexington Catholic fans. You have a very nice team that tackle very well and soundly. Enjoyed watching your team. It's just bad that a few arrogant fans paint Lexington Catholic fans in such a bad light.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:It is easy to bow down in defeat when the victors are humble winners. You guys do not understand a concept like that.

First of all if your referring to me sir, I am just firing back at what rc58 stated. Officiating? Really? That's your excuse? Lex Cath will move on and this thread is or would have been done, but to say officiating was the difference? :please:
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Congratulations to all the non-conceded Lexington Catholic fans. You have a very nice team that tackle very well and soundly. Enjoyed watching your team. It's just bad that a few arrogant fans paint Lexington Catholic fans in such a bad light.

Likewise... especially your boy rc58. Maybe next year.
FBfan4life Wrote:Those were some pretty bus huh? Get a clue brother. Your squad lost for several reasons. Better team, better non district schedule, better execution in the 2nd half, heck better players period. I betcha you all have not seen the type of athletes you all saw from Lex Cath all season, with the exception of Pulaski and look what they did to you all. Hey I wasn't going to talk junk or trash, but when rc58 blames it on official :ChairHit:and claims it would have been a different outcome cause of it, then it's on.

We can let some college scouts watch the game film and see who they pick as some of the best players. You can say all you want about the game but don't you start putting down our players especially when you lying through your teeth.
FBfan4life Wrote:Those were some pretty bus huh? Get a clue brother. Your squad lost for several reasons. Better team, better non district schedule, better execution in the 2nd half, heck better players period. I betcha you all have not seen the type of athletes you all saw from Lex Cath all season, with the exception of Pulaski and look what they did to you all. Hey I wasn't going to talk junk or trash, but when rc58 blames it on official :ChairHit:and claims it would have been a different outcome cause of it, then it's on.

Yeah ,I don't think your atheletes were much better period, just have more of em Damn,private school,bunch of midget choir boys.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:We can let some college scouts watch the game film and see who they pick as some of the best players. You can say all you want about the game but don't you start putting down our players especially when you lying through your teeth.

Which player you talking about? The late hit cheap shot at the end? So you think that was a clean late hit? Ok sure.. And who else did I call out?
rc58 Wrote:Yeah ,I don't think your atheletes were much better period, just have more of em Damn,private school,bunch of midget choir boys.

:biglmao:Hahahaha that's a good one. Midget choir boys. I guess Lex Cath will take them midgets as long as they keep winning. Oh by the way, Can you all see that I do not say we. I always refer to myself as I. Cause I have no dog or kids in this fight. Just a Catholic dude that loves to watch football.. and talk junk when needed to.
This Russell County boy is right here. The officiating was bad. The Lex Cath sidelines called most of the penalties. That was not why we lost though. I really think it boils down to the fact that we have 8 and 9 guys going both ways. You can't expect guys to never come off the field and continue to try to cover fresh receivers and backs. If our county is ever going to take the next step we have to get more athletes out to play. Tonight I watched my son play football for the last time. I hate that it ended like it did, but I am proud that he left it all on the field every game he played since pee wee football. We will start it all over again next year as I will have a freshman starting with another the year after that! If Russell County never gets out of the first round I will still be there cheering on not only my boys but all the other Lakers!

ANCHOR DOWN!
FBfan4life Wrote:Which player you talking about? The late hit cheap shot at the end? So you think that was a clean late hit? Ok sure.. And who else did I call out?

Think the phrase was "heck better players period". Like I said if you want to let scouts watch the film and pick out the best players we can do that. Your team was by far the best tonight but don't down our players man.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Think the phrase was "heck better players period". Like I said if you want to let scouts watch the film and pick out the best players we can do that. Your team was by far the best tonight but don't down our players man.

Huh!!
#31 Coffey Russell county 2 sacks, on Ryan#6 Catholic,1ST quarter then gets held rest of game,no calls,im looking right at it,ellis scrambles 45 yards touchdown Lakers ,no wait a minuite let me throw a holding call Russell county bring it back boys ,but really we were gassed.
FBfan4life Wrote:First of all if your referring to me sir, I am just firing back at what rc58 stated. Officiating? Really? That's your excuse? Lex Cath will move on and this thread is or would have been done, but to say officiating was the difference? :please:

Let start this by saying congrats to the lakers on a good season!!!

Now as far as rc58 goes he has for the past few years done nothing but complain and trash talk all the time. This time he can't trash talk about how bad RC beat someone so he wants to blame it on the refs. Dude just get over it the better team won and that's it. Don't try to blame it on the refs. You got beat so just man up and take the loss with a grain of salt and wait till next year.
Good season Lakers! Just met a better team last night as did Boyle.
I want to congradulate Lex Cath on moving on to the region finals and good luck you guys have a very good team and are very well coached ,go all the way if You can.