Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 55 Nicholas County-12
Great job by my Panthers tonight. No real surprise here. It was 41-0 @ half and Nicholas scored on our JV late. I believe we got out of this one relatively injury free. Got AC next...What's the deal w/ Nicholas County? They almost had more players on the sideline than they had fans @ the game and they didn't have many players. They didn't even send their cheerleaders. I admit I don't know much about them. But heck. If your just going to half a$$ it then why even field a team? Oh well, I digress. Hail Pikeville! Keep Climbing!
:dudecomeon: Give Nicholas county some credit for showing up.Just remember before you say half a$$ it could rise up an bite you soon Confusedhh:
Good to see another Pikeville victory. Give it you're all from here on out, and keep everyone injury free. Take the good training you've had and make it pay off now. HAIL PIKEVILLE!!
No big deal, but actually 48-0 at halftime.
jetpilot Wrote:No big deal, but actually 48-0 at halftime.

My bad
64SUR Wrote::dudecomeon: Give Nicholas county some credit for showing up.Just remember before you say half a$$ it could rise up an bite you soon Confusedhh:
Yeah they showed up but not many showed up w/ them. I wasn't referring to Nicholas' product on the field. I was talking about their fan support or lack there of and what looks like little support from the school. How is that going to come back and bite me?
Better watch yo bahand 64. Those Bulldawgs just might stretch that chain and rise up and bite you real soon. :biggrin:
Hail P-ville, not knowing but you must be a youngster as small school, bad local economy,
tough times, big underdog= low turnout (support). Hopefully these next three years will
pass quickly & the coal industry will rebound or Hail p-ville will understand the question you ask
jetpilot Wrote:No big deal, but actually 48-0 at halftime.

Good to see the Panthers met their scoring avg.per game before halftime. Don't think we'll see that kind of scoring before we get to BG though.
doubledown Wrote:Hail P-ville, not knowing but you must be a youngster as small school, bad local economy,
tough times, big underdog= low turnout (support). Hopefully these next three years will
pass quickly & the coal industry will rebound or Hail p-ville will understand the question you ask

I'm not a youngster. I was just asking a ?. It just didn't look good on their part and that's bad for the kids. I kid you not...Nicholas didn't have 25 fans in the stands and didn't even send their cheerleaders to the game...What kind of message does that send to the players? Pride is something that's recession proof..
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I'm not a youngster. I was just asking a ?. It just didn't look good on their part and that's bad for the kids. I kid you not...Nicholas didn't have 25 fans in the stands and didn't even send their cheerleaders to the game...What kind of message does that send to the players? Pride is something that's recession proof..

Jackson County was the same way at Belfry. I think the coaches are trying to build the right way at JCHS, but they had less than 25 fans, I counted 21 right before kickoff,and they brought no cheerleaders. They did however roll in in a big Blue Grass Charters bus.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Better watch yo bahand 64. Those Bulldawgs just might stretch that chain and rise up and bite you real soon. :biggrin:

Chain want stretch in Williamsburg Big Five-O :welcome: To Williamsburg if Y'all can beat Raceland HAIL PIKEVILLE :biglmao:
Phelps was even worse as far as the fans go. Idk how many seniors they have, but unless its less that 3 or 4, they didnt even travel enough with enough fans to equal what would have been the right amount of parents they should have had. It was kind of sad. No disrespect to phelps, but it was all kind of sad. Those kids played their butts off. It wasnt nearly enough. Looked like they had about 14 kids who actually played. It was an even bigger problem though, seeing them have no one to celebrate for them when they scored their two touchdowns.
Estill County had around 35 fans at Russell Friday. It was cold and people are hurting but I agree with the point of the Pikeville guy. Have some pride in your community and school. It probably isn't a surprise the teams that travel well and support the team put a better product on the field.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I'm not a youngster. I was just asking a ?. It just didn't look good on their part and that's bad for the kids. I kid you not...Nicholas didn't have 25 fans in the stands and didn't even send their cheerleaders to the game...What kind of message does that send to the players? Pride is something that's recession proof..

The sad reality of it is that sometimes fans don't travel very far if they think their team has no shot at winning. When we (Raceland) played Phelps at home Friday, they only had 11 fans, and no cheerleaders. I do commend those 11 fans though for making the long drive.
^^^I do as well. But, even in Raceland's dawg days, when they were first putting in and learning the Tony Franklin system, each year it seemed we traveled to either Beechwood or New Cath, we always seemed to travel with between 100-200 fans any way. I just hate to see less than 50. 11 fans means not even 1/3 of the parents were there. Bc they dressed 25-30 kids.
Along with a new field, when completed, would like to see this team built into a competitive program. I believe they have the potential players in that area to choose from, just have start at the top and get it going,imo. Like another poster stated, i too appreciate their playing tough till the last whistle.