Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 36 LCA 15
Final
Congratulations Blackcats!
Congrats to Prestonsburg.
congrats Pburg
Prestonsburg and Danville meet.
Great job Blackcats. Get ready for next week with Danville.
Good luck against Danville
Congratulations Black Cats!! Good luck next week against Danville; I believe that will be a great match up.
Was out of town, so I didn't get to see the game.

Congrats to the Blackcats on the nice win!
After having time to digest the game, here are my thoughts...

It was nice to see Prestonsburg lean a bit more on its run game. The LCA inside blitz gave the inside option play with both one and two RB's FITS. It was a smart defensive plan, putting pressure exactly where the QB hands-off and fakes out of the gun. It took a little while, but the Blackcats countered with the plain old QB sprint outside. It was a VERY effective counter breaking BIG a couple times.

This Blackcat defense is evolving into a very effective unit. While the Eagles made some nice passes and runs, the defense seemed in control of the LOS. The two long passes LCA completed were extremely nice catches, though the defense was in position (one was even a dual-possession catch at the 1 yd line for the Eagle gain).

Though the playcalling was overall good for the Blackcats, I'll voice one minor and one major gripe. The minor: it took too long to spot the LCA inside blitzing resulting in a couple of lost offensive series. The major: after gaining 5 yds on 1st and goal at the nine on an inside run, a play-fake pass was called on 2nd and goal from the four against a stacked defense ?!? There's not time nor room for all that ! We really need to cut back on the finesse stuff in short yardage situations when we have such a good power runner (especially inside the 5 !). Points were once again left on the field NOT because the opposing defensive front made a good stand, but because the play called takes too dang long to develop (and that assumes the receiver does break open) !!

It was NICE to see Seth Marcum back... !! :Thumbs:
oneijoe Wrote:After having time to digest the game, here are my thoughts...

It was nice to see Prestonsburg lean a bit more on its run game. The LCA inside blitz gave the inside option play with both one and two RB's FITS. It was a smart defensive plan, putting pressure exactly where the QB hands-off and fakes out of the gun. It took a little while, but the Blackcats countered with the plain old QB sprint outside. It was a VERY effective counter breaking BIG a couple times.

This Blackcat defense is evolving into a very effective unit. While the Eagles made some nice passes and runs, the defense seemed in control of the LOS. The two long passes LCA completed were extremely nice catches, though the defense was in position (one was even a dual-possession catch at the 1 yd line for the Eagle gain).

Though the playcalling was overall good for the Blackcats, I'll voice one minor and one major gripe. The minor: it took too long to spot the LCA inside blitzing resulting in a couple of lost offensive series. The major: after gaining 5 yds on 1st and goal at the nine on an inside run, a play-fake pass was called on 2nd and goal from the four against a stacked defense ?!? There's not time nor room for all that ! We really need to cut back on the finesse stuff in short yardage situations when we have such a good power runner (especially inside the 5 !). Points were once again left on the field NOT because the opposing defensive front made a good stand, but because the play called takes too dang long to develop (and that assumes the receiver does break open) !!

It was NICE to see Seth Marcum back... !! :Thumbs:

I agree Joe. We have two hard nosed RB's and in goal line situations I wish we would just pound it in.

It was good to see the Green kid getting his XP's.

Great to see Seth back on the field. The kid contains well on his side and is a sure tackler.

Good luck against Danville this week boys.