Bryan Station -

@ Henry Clay -
Nov 08
Madison Central -

@ Tates Creek -
Nov 08 7:30 PM
Paul Laurence Dunbar -
REGION 1

(1).....@ McCracken County.......(8-2) (3-0)
Nov 08 6:00 PM
(4)..... Boone County................ (0-10) (0-4) -

(2)....@ Central Hardin...............(9-1) (1-1) -
(3).... Daviess County.................(6-4) (1-2)

(2)....@ Henderson County.........(8-2) (2-1)
Nov 08
(3).... Muhlenberg County...........(6-4) (0-2)

(1)....@ Meade County...............(8-2) (2-0)
Nov 8th
(4).... Marshall County................(1-9) (0-3)

REGION 2
(1)....@ Butler.............................(8-2) (2-1)
(4).... Ryle.................................(2-8) (1-3) -

(2)....@ Campbell County...........(7-3) (3-1)
(3)... Pleasure Ridge Park............(4-6) (1-2)

(2)....@ Seneca..........................(2-8) (2-1)
(3).... Dixie Heights....................(7-3) (2-2)

(1)....@ Simon Kenton...............(10-0) (4-0)
Nov 08
(4)..... Southern........................(4-6) (0-3)

REGION 3
(1)....@ Ballard..........................(5-5) (2-1)
Nov 08
(4).... DuPont Manual.................(8-2) (1-2)

(2)...@ Trinity (Louisville)............(4-5) (2-1)
Nov 08
(3).... Eastern............................(4-5) (2-1)

(2)....@ Fern Creek...................(6-4) (2-1)
Nov 08
(3).... St. Xavier........................(6-4) (1-2)

(1)....@ Male.............................(9-1) (2-1)
(4).... Oldham County................(2-8) (0-3)'

REGION 4
(1).....@ Scott County...............(10-0) (0-3)
Nov 08 7:30 PM at Toyota Stadium
(4).....George Rogers Clark........(2-8) (1-2) -

(2).....@ Lafayette.....................(3-7) (2-1)
Nov 08
(3).....Bryan Station...................(4-5) (2-1)

(2).....@ Henry Clay....................(7-2) (1-2)
Nov 08
(3).....Madison Central.................(2-8) (1-2)

(1).....@ Tates Creek ...................(6-4) (2-1)
(4).....Paul Laurence Dunbar..........(5-5) (1-2)

Mods please pull down the first bracket I did not edit it within the 15 mins.
Still SK's to lose
Kinda looking like Mustangs go to finals in first year.
mysonis55 Wrote:Kinda looking like Mustangs go to finals in first year.

I hope McCracken comes to SK because I will be in attendance for that game. I am interested to see if this is the school that will finally be a difference maker for western Ky 6a
I really think for the next alignment Ky needs to take a page out of Ohio book and have neutral site games for atleast the semi finals.

McCracken & Simon Kenton are 5 hours from each other by bus...
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I really think for the next alignment Ky needs to take a page out of Ohio book and have neutral site games for atleast the semi finals.

McCracken & Simon Kenton are 5 hours from each other by bus...

I like the idea of 6A being different than the rest. Rotating districts vrs different districts is exciting. The travel is the price you have to pay. The drawback is that would be the semi finals and if McCraken makes it whoever has to travel there will have to spend the night. If the road team wins they have to go to BG the following weekend and stay over again. That could be a hardship for many fans and families of the players.
The wildest travel scenario would be a situation in 3A where Bell Co. possibly could have to travel to Paducah Tilghman if they came out of that region down there (not saying they will). Would be 7 + hours by bus with the obligatory pit stops. Maybe they could bring their fishing poles and make a weekend out of it on Lake Barkley.

You cant go much farther in either direction and still stay in the state. Crazy.
hop24 Wrote:I like the idea of 6A being different than the rest. Rotating districts vrs different districts is exciting. The travel is the price you have to pay. The drawback is that would be the semi finals and if McCraken makes it whoever has to travel there will have to spend the night. If the road team wins they have to go to BG the following weekend and stay over again. That could be a hardship for many fans and families of the players.

I agree the rotating districts is great.. My only change would be for the semi-finals have neutral sites have them meet halfway at a local college stadium.. Or one close to halfway... I get it that local businesses and such benefit but at the same time like HOP said driving to Paducah area then Bowling Green the following week is hell on fans and family....
Can any Trinity or X fans tell me what there outlook is for 2014? Both schools lose there best players Bonnafen & Walker..
Are they returning to glory or will it be another "down Year" for Trinity?
X how do you replace Charles Walker (attempt too)
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I hope McCracken comes to SK because I will be in attendance for that game. I am interested to see if this is the school that will finally be a difference maker for western Ky 6a

SK would have to travel to paducah..

Traveling sucks ask beechwood and mayfield.. 5+hrs apart
ontopofthewest Wrote:SK would have to travel to paducah..

Traveling sucks ask beechwood and mayfield.. 5+hrs apart

Well hopefully someone will setup and iHigh account and simulcast the game then lol
As advanced as that new highschool is I cant believe they dont have a online stream themselves.. or a radiostation.. for that matter..... . the local news station carries the biggest game of the week through the regular season live on tv but when it comes playoff time they quit... kinda strange.. I could understand if they had to travel to the other side of the state but the games are home for most the local teams.. ...
Region 3 is a tossup. 4 very good teams that have taken turns beating each other.
Why I say it's SKs or McCrackens to lose. The survior of the other side of the bracket will be beaten up and bruised
Haskins has a rep of making questionable coaching decisions in critical situations. That was the mark on the good Lone Oak teams that he had. My hunch is MC will lose a playoff game they are predicted to win if it comes down to seconds and inches. I hope they do win it all because it would be great for the new program.
My Upset Picks-

(4) Ryle 14 - (1) Butler 7

(3) Dixie 21 - (2) Seneca 0

(4) Manual 35 - (1) Ballard 21
If McCracken county was to be fortunate enough to make it to the 4th round of playoffs, who would they most likely be playing
If McCracken county was to be fortunate enough to make it to the 4th round of playoffs, who would they most likely be playing
Scott county is the best in 6A right now with a schedule to back it up. In my opinion the Cardinals will overcome their powerful bracket(Trinity, male, and ballard). After SC runs the table its no contest in the championship.
Region 1 - McCracken vs. Meade

Region 2 - Butler vs. Dixie/SK

Region 3 - X/Male vs. T/Manual

Region 4 - Henry Clay vs. Scott Cnty

Region 3 is downright nasty and very even imo. I can't come up with a favorite. I do appreciate depth and experience which lends itself to T & X in the region championship. I think Male has the talent to overcome. I'll pick Male and X in the region championship with Male coming out alive.

I hope Region one winner is Meade strictly for logistics...lol! Don't worry 55 I'll be sure to honor McCracken if they win it ; ) !

Region 2 I'm going Butler ( CC may surprise ) over Dixie. Dixie will be too beat up after a knock down drag out with SK the week before.

Region 4 will see Scott Cnty roll. They are flat out beating teams up.

I believe winner of Male - Scott County will be your 6A Champion. Whether Butler/SK/Dixie/McCracken/CC/Meade represent the other side of the bracket.....Male and Scott Cnty are too strong.

Just my 2 cents, good luck and stay healthy to all involved. It should be a great gridiron 6A tourney to see unfold!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
:please:
bman5434 Wrote:Scott county is the best in 6A right now with a schedule to back it up. In my opinion the Cardinals will overcome their powerful bracket(Trinity, male, and ballard). After SC runs the table its no contest in the championship.

Who was so powerful on this schedule again? Ryle? Seneca?
Hate to be in that 3rd region. Could this be the year Scott Co. finally gets one?
Spirit100 Wrote:Region 1 - McCracken vs. Meade

Region 2 - Butler vs. Dixie/SK

Region 3 - X/Male vs. T/Manual

Region 4 - Henry Clay vs. Scott Cnty

Region 3 is downright nasty and very even imo. I can't come up with a favorite. I do appreciate depth and experience which lends itself to T & X in the region championship. I think Male has the talent to overcome. I'll pick Male and X in the region championship with Male coming out alive.

I hope Region one winner is Meade strictly for logistics...lol! Don't worry 55 I'll be sure to honor McCracken if they win it ; ) !

Region 2 I'm going Butler ( CC may surprise ) over Dixie. Dixie will be too beat up after a knock down drag out with SK the week before.

Region 4 will see Scott Cnty roll. They are flat out beating teams up.

I believe winner of Male - Scott County will be your 6A Champion. Whether Butler/SK/Dixie/McCracken/CC/Meade represent the other side of the bracket.....Male and Scott Cnty are too strong.

Just my 2 cents, good luck and stay healthy to all involved. It should be a great gridiron 6A tourney to see unfold!

Spot on. Except the part about Male and Scott Co being too strong. To that I say "not sot fast my friend!" I have a feeling that getting to the finals is going to take a lot out of whoever makes it on that side of the bracket.
hop24 Wrote:Spot on. Except the part about Male and Scott Co being too strong. To that I say "not sot fast my friend!" I have a feeling that getting to the finals is going to take a lot out of whoever makes it on that side of the bracket.

Confusednicker: I hope I'm wrong...wouldn't be the first time!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
My Picks-

McCracken - Best of the West 6a teams (Unless Boone can represent NKY well tonight) [I doubt Sad]

SK - Powell IMO will make this the most complete offense in this entire Bracket

Scott County - Don't sleep on Bryan Station though (Plus losing Daniel will hurt)

St X - Two great Running backs will help this team in the onset of this Cold Weather. Charles Walker is a big time star.

SK 21 - ST X 7 -- SK has a complete offense and a strong Defense. I could see them beating any of the Big 4 or Scott County. I believe this will be the year folks.