Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 empty spots for RUSSELL in 2007
stroked Wrote:i would love to see russel go into a complete slump over the next decade and not have any tradition left and be left out in the dark being made fun of week in and week out like all the teams they play they bust their tails in practice everyday. thats jmo
When you are winning, everyone hates you. If you are loosing, everyone pulls for you to win. If youcant be a winner AT LEAST ACT LIKE ONE. !!!!!!
This post and posts like this one just make me cringe. Kids make a statement about programs that are winners because they want to be winners but dont have the attitude to make it happen. Do me afavor when you graduate high school,,,, go away and learn how to be the best person you can be, learn everything you can,, come home and be a volunteer at the grass roots effort of Junior Football, teach your kids and others kids how to be a football player and a productive part of the society. Take the initiative and start kids programs in your area. VOLUNTEER,, do stuff in your community for the kids that are going to be a part of high school program.
I know people hate RUSSELL on here, HEL_, people at Russell hate each other, they fight and argue with the best of'em. The good thing is when it comes down to it WE ARE ALL DEVILS.....
So when you hear me and FBALL going at it on here or MIDEE1 going at it, or devil89 disagreeing with each other, you can relax, we can see things totally different, but WE LOVE EACH OTHER.:devilflam
JFLDAD Wrote:Taking noting from Raceland but I dont think they matchup. I want too see Ironton Football back at RUSSELL:flame:

They beat Ashland, something neither Russell fans like you, nor Belfry fans like me, can claim.

I'd like to see us play Russell too, even though odds are we'll be in the semi-finals every year for awhile anyway, until SC makes me eat my words. Although, TBH, I don't want to drive that far twice a year (Ashland, Russell).
They need to play somebody
Im in Raceland. The Rams, I don't think, would be able to give Russell a good game. This years Raceland may be able to keep it close for a while, but would still lose, IMO. The Devils need to play Ironton and maybe one of the WV strong teams.
We already play Cabell-Midland in scrimmage, and SpringValley too. We do really well against them in the Scrimmage, but I agree, we need to pick up strong opponenets, But who knows from year to year what anyone is going to have.
I'm hearing rumors of Raceland and Lawrence Co as 2 of the 3 games we pick up.
Statmaster Wrote:Im in Raceland. The Rams, I don't think, would be able to give Russell a good game. This years Raceland may be able to keep it close for a while, but would still lose, IMO. The Devils need to play Ironton and maybe one of the WV strong teams.

With Irontons league affiliation in Ohio I don't think they will have an open spot for a while. It figures. I would like to see Wheelersburg as one of the teams. That one could really turn into a good rivalry.
I dont care who we pick up just as long as it is a tough opponenet. Our district play usually kills us. The re-alignment should be better for us if take advantage of it.
Why dont you all try to schedule a game with Shelby Valley. They have had enough time to work on there breakdowns that their coach was talking about.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
it really dont matter who they pick to play,just as long as they got a game to play
I would love to see a Raceland\Russell rivalry started again then we would not have to hear "they won't play us" anymore. I know alot of people who would hate to see us two play but I think it is time to get over the animosity between the two schools and play some FOOTBALL.
I personally do not know why they quit playing in the first place, I just know that it used to be a good rivalry. If anyone can tell me please do I would like to know.
I heard that someone got hurt really bad, like broken neck from all the hype befor eht game started, alot of hard hitting going on,,,,,,,, This is what i heard but this could have all been a rumor out of control........ Would love to see them play again..... Great Gate Money..... Make it on a Saturday too and get everybody....
Devilologist Wrote:I heard that someone got hurt really bad, like broken neck from all the hype befor eht game started, alot of hard hitting going on,,,,,,,, This is what i heard but this could have all been a rumor out of control........ Would love to see them play again..... Great Gate Money..... Make it on a Saturday too and get everybody....

NO NO NO NO. No Raceland, No Saturday, and NO home and home. I will never be in favor of playing at a place that seats 10 and the track runs through all four cornors of the endzones.:flame:
BelfryPride Wrote:Yeah, Belfry will have at least 2 empty spots maybe 3 if Prestonsburg don't sign with us. I'd like to see Belfry pick up Russell, but I am like QQ, Belfry vs. Russell is a playoff matchup and would be better just left there.
I would love to see Belfry and Johnson Central play during the regular season.