Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#8 Murray @ #1 Caldwell Co
Well it is time for one of the games that everyone in the western part of the state has been waiting for since last year. We got two of the powers in 2a Western Ky going at it here. I can't remember the last time that one of these two teams didn't win this district.

We have Murray coming in at 3-3 and ranked #8 in the KHSAA polls. They have played a more brutal schedule than Caldwell to this point in the year. Murray is old school offense and hard nosed defense. Murray has solid special teams to go along with that. The question will be can Murray score enough to contain the high flying Caldwell Tigers.

Caldwell comes in with an unblemished 7-0 record and ranked #1 in the KHSAA polls. They have almost everything back from last year. They have a D1 qb with another year of experience. That qb has more targets to throw at this year. They have been putting up video game numbers, but are somewhat suspect on defense. Their question will be can they get scores with the limited amount of time they will possess the ball against Murray. That is since Murray will try to control the clock.

I just want to get everyone's opinions on this one. I got Caldwell in this one. I do think it will be closer than most expect though.
Caldwell Co 52
Murray 21

I'm with mysonis55 :rockon: :rockon:
Sindelar leads Caldwell to 14 point victory.
Caldwell 42
Murray 21
I think this could come down to 3-7 points. Ball control offense and clock management.
It's a game for Caldwell to make a statement. They will win. But it will be predictive of their looming game Nov. 1 with Mayfield for Western Ky. bragging rights. If they appear to have trouble with a solid but not outstanding Murray team, then the Mayfield game could be an unpleasant experience. If they put Murray away convincingly, then the build up for the Mayfield game will reach a near epic level. Game of the year. I assume everyone is healthy.
Right now as far as the Cards are concerned the game of the year, as far as regular season goes, will be at home against Russellville.
Although the russellville game will be a huge game 55 we should still handle them.. the caldwell game considering all healthy, will contend with the same intensity as the first part of the cards season. Except this will be a high octain offensive shoot out. Very well could be the next big test other than McCracken co.....
The difference in both of last year's games with Murray was Caldwell's kicker, Brett Seymore. He hit a FG at the end of each game to win the game for the Tigers. This year the Tigers are much bigger on the OLine and should be able to have their way with Murray's defense, while loading up the box on defense, themselves, and trying to stop the run game.
Murray's lines are no push over .. if caldwell can stop their running game , that colud be the gamebreaker.. if caldwell has trouble on their d as seen in a few high scoring afairs this season then Murray could very well match them score 4 score. I dont think Murray will stop the pass all night so caldwell should pull it out by a couple..
First ontop, what has happened here. I remember a few weeks back when I had to keep picking you up in your posts on the Cards. What has changed.

Now dream, You wont push their line around. Where you will have to exploit them will be at the recievers position. As ontop said you guys better d up.
For Murray to win this HAS to be a 14-10, 17-14 kinda game. The Caldwell line is vastly underrated with the press that has been given to their skill players. I have seen them in person and they are HUGE. If this turns into a shootout its not gonna be pretty for Murray. I was at the Murray Mayfield game and Mayfield moved the ball at will and just turned it over. Also the style Murray plays suits Caldwell. Murray with have to throw the ball to beat them. I think the d is getting a bad rap. They had one bad game (fort campbell). I think their jv gave up a lot of the other points. I know ballard had two scores on the jv.
This is going to be the best untalked about game of the year I guess.
Man I wish this game was in murray.. or I could find a few that wanted to car pull.. 55 wat u mean picking me up ? Lol. Im confused.. Go TIGERS ..... lmao
I think for Murray to be in this game, there QB will have to play big and make some plays with his legs. He's capable of doing that and keeping drives alive. I think Caldwell will make some big plays but may not put together as many long, sustained drives as they're used to. I think we're most likely looking at a 31-21 type game and I think Caldwell will come out of top.
Murray's defense will keep them in the game. So will Caldwell's lack of defense.
I bet these two teams are gonna be fired up tonight.
I will be there in my regular seat! Bet the Tigers win!