Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr.football's Week 4 2a Ratings
Going into week 4 of this football season this is how my 2A ratings stand as of right now:*Highest possible rating of 10*

1- MERCER CO.- Proof in the pudding after South Laurel beat Corbin.
Mercer amassed 500 yards offense against South Laurel which beat a Corbin team that played Rockcastle to a 2-0 game. Off this week. Mercer beat South Laurel 54-6. *Rating ( 10)*

2-Russell- Russell takes the #2 spot this week, VS. Ashland tomorrow.
Defending state champions move up a notch in this weeks poll.
35-6 winners over Greenup, A win over Ashland tomorrow proves they are contenders once again for the 2A title.*Rating( 8.5 )*

3-Lou. Western- Great speed, Tremendous atheletes, Saw them in person tonight. 35-15 winners over Breathitt county at Breathitt. Led 21-7 at half.
Breathitt hung tough, 2 Breathitt turn overs resulted in Western touchdowns in the 1st half. Breathitt moved the ball on them early but Westerns speed took over the game. With 27 seconds in the half Western's Collins broke an 83 yard run to put Western up 21-7. Thought Western would really blow out the bobcats, But Breathitt kept it respectable. Western has some unbelievable atheletes.*Rating (8.3)*

4- Belfry- 28-6 Winners over Lawrence. Pirates 2-1 for the season with BIG-TIME win over Newport Cath. in the Pike co. bowl and 1 point loss to Ashland at Ashland and this makes them a top 5 team in 2A in my book. Good win over 3a Lawrence co.*Rating (8.0)*

5- Sheldon Clark- The cardinals are 3-0. 49-20 winners over Knott. Sold wins over Lawrence and Boyd. I give Belfry the nod above them still for their 7-6 win over Newport Cath. It will be the Dist. title showdown vs. Belfry.
Could be the cardinal's year.*Rating( 7.8)*

Best of Rest= Etown 7.7, Middlesboro 7.6:letsparty
Love to hear your opinions as well, All in fun.
Bumped Russell up to #2 because I thought Western would destroy Breathitt.
They handled them but Breathitt played them respectably.
i like the thread/post mr football
Thanks, Like to hear your top 5 in 2a as well.