Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6a Playoff Bracket as of 10/8
Playoff picture as of right now for 6a according to KHSAA 2013 playoff pairings.

R1
Henderson (5-1) vs Boone (0-8)
Daviess Co (4-2) vs Muhlenberg (4-2)
McCraken Co (4-2) vs Meade Co (4-2)
Marshall co (1-5) vs Central Hardin (7-0)

R2
Southern (4-2) vs Ryle (2-5)
Butler (4-2) vs Campbell (3-3)
PRP (3-3)..... Vs Dixie (5-1)
Seneca (0-6) vs Simon Kenton (7-0)

R3
Trinity (3-3) vs Oldham Co (2-4)
St X (4-3) vs Ballard (2-4)
Manual (6-0) vs Eastern (2-3)
Male (6-0) vs Fern Creek (3-3)

R4
Scott Co (6-0) vs Madison Central (1-6)
Henry Clay (6-0) vs Lafayette (1-6)
Dunbar (4-2) vs GRC (1-5)
Bryan Station (3-2) vs Tate's Creek (4-3)
You basing this on Campbell beating Dixie on Friday? Star will like it, Spirit, not so much, lol.
Lol this is as of now what they are ranked. There are a few on here that on Friday I'm sure will be switched. But I do think the Camels will pull out a victory if they play ball control. If they don't I think they might lose by 21+. Dixie has the ability to get up very quick.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Lol this is as of now what they are ranked. There are a few on here that on Friday I'm sure will be switched. But I do think the Camels will pull out a victory if they play ball control. If they don't I think they might lose by 21+. Dixie has the ability to get up very quick.

Know your good with these stats and what not, just pulling your chain. Keep up the good work.:1:
Would love to see the Dixie/Campbell to see where Dixie stands. Could be a back-breaker if the Camels lose.
If camels lose all hope is lost for Ryle. I believe there best matchup and best opportunity to win in districts (beside Boone) is Campbell.
If Campbell beats Dixie
Ryle beats Campbell
And Dixie Beats Ryle

Well you just threw a big monkey wrench into that 2nd region lol

:yesno::yesno:
What would really make it interesting is if somehow Boone could pull some close games off here in the closing weeks of the reg season. This being if you can keep it close with what they have left there first win of the season could come in the playoffs since they should be headed to Western Ky. Coach Griffith has played and seen all those teams down there for years prior to Boone. If any coach could beat them with a winless team it would be one of there own.

But that's an extremely gigantic if at this point.
TNT, do you know what the match ups are for the semifinals? If its R1 vs R2, then SK would actually have to be FAVORED to get to a state title game?
Pick6 Wrote:TNT, do you know what the match ups are for the semifinals? If its R1 vs R2, then SK would actually have to be FAVORED to get to a state title game?

I have heard a billion different things but according to the KHSAA website with the playoff rules it states that;
R1 will play R2
R3 will play R4

The championship will be the champion of R1/R2 vs champion of R3/R4
So yes SK I would say is the favorite with Dixie 2nd and Central Hardin 3rd
TNT (or anyone), do non District game results matter in seeding? Thanks!
Pick6 Wrote:TNT (or anyone), do non District game results matter in seeding? Thanks!

Nope districts determine everything in Ky since all 6a teams make the playoffs.

Which it's better that way since strength of schedule isn't considered in Ky for seeding or anything of that nature.
I hope that SOS will be considered looking into the future
PocoLegend Wrote:I hope that SOS will be considered looking into the future

I doubt that it ever will. I work in Cincinnati so I deal with a lot of clients with ties to the GCL teams. It works better with the district system of seedin than a ranked seeding system. The negative I guess is You might go 3-7 but if you go 3-0 in districts your the number 1 seed.

The problem with SOS weighted ranks is you would have Trinity ranked #1 with a losing record becuase there SOS would be so much greater than all other 6a teams. Simon Kenton & Scott County who are undefeated wouldn't even receive 1st seed bids because Male, Manual, Trinity & St X are all in the same division so as long as each finished with 1 or 2 losses there schedule would rank them higher.

You would also have a team like Ryle (last year Colerain {ranked 18th nationally at time of the game} & Columbus Desales) who is 2-5 ranked higher than some of the Lexington schools that have better records because of out of state competition that would out weigh the ky system. Thus why the GCL schools in cincy play good out of state oppenents because it boosts there ratings.
Tons of shakeups after Fridayz I hope to have an update projected bracket by end of the weekend
Wild Friday night in 6A. Some big surprises.