Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1a updates
I hope that this thread will help certain upset persons to understand why I would say a certain team is a pretender or contender. I check into several different power rankings on the teams. I don't just check their power ranking but the power rankings of their opponents and the results. I do this because records are very unpredictable. Look at the previously undefeated Ballard Mem Bombers. They were undefeated and in the top ten until they lost badly to 2 good 2a teams back to back. They were undefeated because they played weak teams. Then look at Paducah Tilghman, they have a bad record. They however have lost to a very good out of state team, #1 1a Mayfield, #1 4a Highlands, #10 5a Graves County. That is why you cannot look at records. This is just going to show you what it looks like using just one of the power ratings systems, Litkenhous:

Mayfield power rating 114.9
The cards have beaten teams with power ratings of 121.5, 62.4, 101.2, 107.9, 99.3, 100.4 and 33.4.

Beechwood power rating of 102.9
The Tigers have beaten teams with power ratings of 64.9 and 85.8. They have lost to teams with power ratings of 116.6, 108.5 and 118.6.

Russellville power rating of 99.2
The Panthers have beaten teams with power ratings of 73.5, 99.3, 74.2, 30.5, 34.8 and 71.4.

Frankfort power rating of 89.3
They have beaten teams with power ratings of 77.0, Western Hills 70.4, 66.8 and 89.0. They have lost to teams with power ratings of 98.7 and 108.5.

Williamsburg power rating of 92.1
The Jackets have beaten teams with power ratings of 81.4 and 72.7. They have lost to teams with power ratings of 98.6 and 109.0.

Raceland power rating of 90.3
The Rams have beaten teams with power ratings of 62.0, 57.4 and 63.2.
They have lost to teams with power ratings of 79.8 and 90.8.

Fairview power rating of 96.1
The Eagles have beaten teams with power ratings of 62.0, 90.8, 86.7, 86.4, 57.9 and 81.4.

Paintsville power rating of 72.5
They have beaten teams with power ratings of 53.0, 62.2, 66.0, 33.0 and 16.6.
They have lost to a team with a power rating of 88.5.

Pikeville power rating of 88.5
The Panthers have beaten teams with power ratings of 80.0, 86.4, 72.5, 41.7 and 78.3. They lost to a team with a power rating of 109.1.

Hazard power rating of 86.4
The Bulldogs have beaten teams with a power rating of 71.7, 93.5, 71.9 and 80.0. They have lost to teams with power ratings of 88.5 and 96.1.

Keys to look at are your teams power rating, how many teams they have beaten that have a power rating above theirs and how many teams they have beaten with a power rating of say 85.
Now E tell me that I am talking about kids again. I'm sure you will try to twist this post in to me talking about someone's kid again. In all, we are all talking about someone's kid on here. When you call me names like you do so often, you are talking about someone's kid as well.
Man, I thought this would help straighten things out but I did not expect all of 1a to become speechless. What is the deal here? Does no one agree with my assessment? Does everyone agree with my assessment? What does the silence mean? Surely if nothing else, E can come on here and tell me how this thread is about me talking about some kids or something.
Dam didn't no that Williamsburg power ratiing was higher than hazard and pikeville dam I'm pump now good job 55 for the hard work now are we stll pretender by your stats Confusednicker:
You are not catching on to the whole concept there 64. It is not just your power rating that I pay attention to. It is how you did against teams with power ratings above yours (bad, real bad). It is also how you did against teams with say a power rating of 85 or above (bad, real bad). That is why I can say that a team like Pikeville would be higher or even Hazard. I can tell you another good, but not great way to check them out. Go to Calpreps and do the matchup thing. You can get a little bit of a feel for things there. I also do some watching of videos. When I watch, I don't just look for how the teams do in the game. I look at how many times the line misses their blocks and how long they stay on their blocks. I also time the skill people through the use of the yard markers. I also look at decision making of qb's. Sometimes it takes me an hour to break down just 2 or 3 series.
Wish i had that kind of time 55. I post on here alot bt would give anything to be able to get pe to break down stats and fb film. Not that u do. Just wish i could loo
Oh yes I caught on we lost to the team we was suppose to and beat the ones we was suppose to.and by your power rating we are looking pretty dang good.just admit it 55 :yikes:
I never said Wburg wasn't good. There are lots of good teams. You have to be better to be of championship calibre though. If yall won 1 of those games we might be talking.
mysonis55 Wrote:I never said Wburg wasn't good. There are lots of good teams. You have to be better to be of championship calibre though. If yall won 1 of those games we might be talking.

No one else is talking just 64sur and mysonis55 starting to get boring :Sad04: :Sad04: :Sad04:
Pretty good system to look at teams. By looking not only at the team in question, but the teams they played, that is a pretty good way to evaluate teams. No system is perfect, but by looking at things this way it is a really good way of being as complete on ranking teams as possible. Nice job and thanks for the time and effort you put into this.
Raceland and Wburg sit in the same category. The "prove it" category. Yet they fall in different sections. Both have something to prove in the regional level of the playoffs. As far as what they have or havent done this regular season? Williamsburg should have lost to the teams they lost to in N. Laurel and Wayne Co. Raceland lost two games that imo they should have won. Raceland losing to Ashland and Lawrence Co. Williamsburg's losses were by greater margins, but possibly aginst better teams. Both The jackets and the rams have left questions in our minds, but nothing would make me happier than to see them match up for a shot at goin to bowling green. Neither team has put a complete game together. If they figure out how to do this, both teams CAN be great teams. As it stands rt now they are good teams that simply achieve, rather than OVER achieve.
And over achieving is what makes championship caliber teams
55 is not a jerk in one post and wants a pat on the back. Congrats but you are still a pretender not a contender for being a human being.
I appreciate that e. I will continue to remember you in my prayers as well. I will never be the perfect person. I only know of one of those. I hope you have a blessed day.
Patch, thank you very much. I guess football and baseball are my two biggest hobbies.
I like your posts on here 55. I'm sure others do too. When everyone starts agreeing on everything there won't be any reason to come to this site haha...
Thank you Jet Pilot. E likes my stuff too until I speak my thoughts on Wburg's chances. I guess he wants me to sugar coat it for him. I just say what I see and back it up with serious info. I just can't understand how it always becomes that I am a troll, scumbag or a bad person. I will not mention what I do for a living but I am a devout Christian. I have never even gotten so much as a speeding ticket. I served my country. I have worked with youth for 20 plus years in many different forms and generally like talking to people. I guess that screams scumbag.
mysonis55 Wrote:Thank you Jet Pilot. E likes my stuff too until I speak my thoughts on Wburg's chances. I guess he wants me to sugar coat it for him. I just say what I see and back it up with serious info. I just can't understand how it always becomes that I am a troll, scumbag or a bad person. I will not mention what I do for a living but I am a devout Christian. I have never even gotten so much as a speeding ticket. I served my country. I have worked with youth for 20 plus years in many different forms and generally like talking to people. I guess that screams scumbag.

It's williamsburg not Wburg's :HitWall:
Now 64, you of all people are trying to correct someone's spelling.:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
mysonis55 Wrote:Now 64, you of all people are trying to correct someone's spelling.:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:

Man that felt good 55 Confusederved:
Is that the first time this year that I have been served?