Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 63 Fulton City 0
Final

Mayfield had the JV in before half.
Cards rolling as expected
I feel bad for the boys in blue. That was as bad as I have ever seen Fulton look. They only brought 17 kids here. Their starting qb got hurt. Then they had 2 get ejected, one for starting a fight with my boy. Now they may only have 14 kids next week.
mysonis55 Wrote:I feel bad for the boys in blue. That was as bad as I have ever seen Fulton look. They only brought 17 kids here. Their starting qb got hurt. Then they had 2 get ejected, one for starting a fight with my boy. Now they may only have 14 kids next week.

With those kind of #'s your not gonna have sucess. Don't know there area but it sounds like they need to merge with another school.
Yeah Fulton County is a 1a school as well. Neither team wins often. Don't remember the last time Fulton city won a game. I know a merger has been addressed and it doesn't look possible. I do admire the Fulton kids they know they are going to get beat but they come out and play hard every year.
TEAM STATISTICS
Fulton City — First downs: 2.
Rushing attempts-yards: 24-8.
Passing-yards: 2-9-17.
Total yards: 25.
Penalties-yards: 2-25.

Mayfield — First downs: 2.
Rushing attempts-yards: 11-91.
Passing-yards: 2-3 79.
Total yards: 170.
Penalties-yards: 2-20.

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS
Rushing — Fulton City: Arion Ferrell 8-26.
Mayfield: Capuarno 2-9, Bright 2-40,
Arnett 2-18, Wemberly 4-23, Davis Mills 1-1.

Passing — Fulton City: Michael Thomas
1-1-0 1, Michael Downing 1-2-0 16.
Mayfield: Guhy 2-3-0 79.

Receiving — Fulton City: Artemious Joy
2-17. Mayfield: Jackson 1-42, Marshall Bacon
1-37.
I would have thought we would have had bigger stats than that. That was the wildest thing I have ever seen out there. Before anyone starts anything about us running up the score you need to know this. We went to running clock at 35 instead of 36. I think that was late first quarter or early second. We put jv in before halftime. We even went to jv second and third set players. We played second half with only 8 minute quarters. Everything in second half seemed to be just runs up middle or victory formation.

2007 Fulton had a winning season, was ranked high in state and beat us on our field. Granted we were without 3 starters including our qb and we came back and beat them at home in the playoffs. That is the only winning season I know of them having. I think they only have 36 boys in their entire high school.
From looking at the stats how many pts did Fulton city score for Mayfield.Wow :Clap:
Well, the game started with us kicking to Fulton. The receiver fumbled the punt, we recovered and ran it in for td. We kicked another one that died in the corner at their 3 yard line. I guess they thought it was gonna go out of bounds and didn't get it. We covered it. We scored on the next play.