Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conner 26 - Cooper 21
Great game came down to the last 24 seconds great pick by Andrew Way on the goal line to end the game. Stats to come
I have watched Barker play three times now and still not wowed by him. I thought cooper QB (Ludwig sp?) out played him. The tv announcer said same thing so i know i am not the only one that feels that way. His passes where low on short throws and flooters on long wide open passes. Talk of him starting at UK as a fresh is crazy IMO. I would say very very good chance he red shirts fresh year.
Still think Towles is better. Think there's 2 other NKY QB's better.
hop24 Wrote:Still think Towles is better. Think there's 2 other NKY QB's better.
Friend of mine from work said Bourbon co QB was better than any he had seen in high school in a long time
Yeah Barker is surviving more on his legs this season. He had the receivers surrounding him to run a great passing attack but his passes were off. I saw a lot more runs than the previous games and I think that was because they were shying away from Aaron Morgan.

Idk his size and having a full spring football season since he's graduating early will surely help. Most of his problems are mechanics, the ability and football IQ is there.

I watched Towels play a lot when he was at highlands atleast twice a year for 3 years (highlands-Ryle series). Towles and Barker look to be on a similar level comparing there senior seasons from watching there games. I think the running ability Barker has gives him and edge IMO. You also have to consider the talent around Towles was easily 3x what Barker has at Conner. And 10x the Coach.

Still Kuntz is definetly the best pocket passer in NKY so far this season but I'd put holliston and Barker right behind him though.
Agreed, seems Highlands graduates a great QB and another jumps in and they don't miss a beat. It's all about the "system" at HHS. Those kids run the same plays over and over as youths. By the time they get to HHS it's 2nd nature. Only thing I would disagree with is I'd say Dale is about 20x better than Trosper.
Congrats Conner
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Yeah Barker is surviving more on his legs this season. He had the receivers surrounding him to run a great passing attack but his passes were off. I saw a lot more runs than the previous games and I think that was because they were shying away from Aaron Morgan.

Idk his size and having a full spring football season since he's graduating early will surely help. Most of his problems are mechanics, the ability and football IQ is there.

I watched Towels play a lot when he was at highlands atleast twice a year for 3 years (highlands-Ryle series). Towles and Barker look to be on a similar level comparing there senior seasons from watching there games. I think the running ability Barker has gives him and edge IMO. You also have to consider the talent around Towles was easily 3x what Barker has at Conner. And 10x the Coach.

Still Kuntz is definetly the best pocket passer in NKY so far this season but I'd put holliston and Barker right behind him though.

Please elaberate on his mechanics. All the college scouts and coaches talk about how great his mechanics are. Coach Watson from UL said they are some the best mechanics he has ever seen from a high school qb.
Wrong way of saying it but I meant more along the lines of decision making his mechanics and motion are impressive but I mean decision making with the ball the two games I've seen in person and two films there are a lot of forced throws which is why he had picks last season and this season. Could be blamed on the supporting cast and not being open though. Which also caused him to tuck and run as much as he does.
^ Gotcha