Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 55 Magoffin County 49
Final
Big win for Coach Moore and the bobcats!!!
Cat Daddy Wrote:Big win for Coach Moore and the bobcats!!!

Offense in the mountains :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Win is a Win.. BC needs to get better on the defensive side of the ball..
1st half neither defense could stop neither offense.

Congrats Bobcats. Best of luck the rest of the way
District 7 is painfully bad
EKUAlum05 Wrote:District 7 is painfully bad

:Sad04: :Sad04:
Sad but true.
Congrats to Breathitt. Maggoffin hangs tough.
The game was in question until the last minute.Probably the best team Maggoffin has ever had, and the worst Breathitt team I have ever seen. The truth is both teams are just bad.The fact that Maggoffin could even play with Breathitt is not a good sign for the bobcats going forward.The kids on both sides played hard, its just bad football..
Good job Coach Moore. Just when you think the Bobcats are really down, they still get the W.
I agree our district is very bad this year. Overall it is very bad every year with the exception of Breathitt. It is sad to think beating Magoffin County is a big win, but when you are struggling like the bobcats have this year, any win is a big win. The talent level at the high school is down, the school system is in terrible shape, and our feeder program is down right horrible. With that being said, Breathitt football will be back. Maybe not next year or the year after, but Coach Moore will get the program back to where it needs to be. He will put the right people in the right spots to make this program successful once again. We lost a Coach who was Breathitt County football, and when a legendary coach leaves any program there will always be a dropoff. Look at Bell, when Dudley decided to step down, there was an immediate drop off. Maybe not as bad as Breathitt, but they are struggling this year as well. It is going to happen to every program. I can bet you when Coach Haywood decides to retire, there will be a noticable drop off at Belfry. Great programs have down periods, it is just part of the game. I believe in Coach Moore and our program. I know there is too much pride in our program, and in our community, to allow our program to fail.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I agree our district is very bad this year. Overall it is very bad every year with the exception of Breathitt. It is sad to think beating Magoffin County is a big win, but when you are struggling like the bobcats have this year, any win is a big win. The talent level at the high school is down, the school system is in terrible shape, and our feeder program is down right horrible. With that being said, Breathitt football will be back. Maybe not next year or the year after, but Coach Moore will get the program back to where it needs to be. He will put the right people in the right spots to make this program successful once again. We lost a Coach who was Breathitt County football, and when a legendary coach leaves any program there will always be a dropoff. Look at Bell, when Dudley decided to step down, there was an immediate drop off. Maybe not as bad as Breathitt, but they are struggling this year as well. It is going to happen to every program. I can bet you when Coach Haywood decides to retire, there will be a noticable drop off at Belfry. Great programs have down periods, it is just part of the game. I believe in Coach Moore and our program. I know there is too much pride in our program, and in our community, to allow our program to fail.

Maybe... certainly possible...but Belfry has a phenomenal Feeder Program in place which Breathitt does not. Anytime you have a coaching change there is the potential for it to go sideways, especially when people try to change things the way they like it.

With that said, some powerhouse programs have been able to have smooth transitions like when Mueller took over at Highlands.. the key is hiring the right guy and having a constant Feeder Program to assure the talent pool stays up.

If Breathitt had the talent of Belfry's Freshman and Sophomore class, as well as Belfry Middle School's 8th Grade team who may very well win a State Title... then the Bobcat's future would be looking a whole lot brighter and their on field success would be substantially better this season.

Bottom line is Coach Moore was dealt a rough hand. It's not his fault. Breathitt simply does not have the players of year's past and until a major change at the Middle school happens the talent pool will remain down. Holcomb left for a reason. I just hope Breathitt is patient with Moore and does what they have to in order to get the entire program back no track.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I agree our district is very bad this year. Overall it is very bad every year with the exception of Breathitt. It is sad to think beating Magoffin County is a big win, but when you are struggling like the bobcats have this year, any win is a big win. The talent level at the high school is down, the school system is in terrible shape, and our feeder program is down right horrible. With that being said, Breathitt football will be back. Maybe not next year or the year after, but Coach Moore will get the program back to where it needs to be. He will put the right people in the right spots to make this program successful once again. We lost a Coach who was Breathitt County football, and when a legendary coach leaves any program there will always be a dropoff. Look at Bell, when Dudley decided to step down, there was an immediate drop off. Maybe not as bad as Breathitt, but they are struggling this year as well. It is going to happen to every program. I can bet you when Coach Haywood decides to retire, there will be a noticable drop off at Belfry. Great programs have down periods, it is just part of the game. I believe in Coach Moore and our program. I know there is too much pride in our program, and in our community, to allow our program to fail.
Great post!!!
Great game by the Hornets! Keep your head up guys!
Stats??
Real Badman Wrote:Great game by the Hornets! Keep your head up guys!

I second that! Great game guys!! It doesn't matter if people call you bad. What matters is where you've come from and the direction you're traveling. And you're on your way up!!! Great game, great season, keep on going upward!!!! :Thumbs:
The advantage that Belfry will have when Coach Haywood steps aside is that they run a system that can be maintained. The K.I.S.S approach limits the amount of things that can go wrong and is easier to be great at. Belfry does not have the drop-off if the QB can not throw the ball because they practice running the ball and do it well. Less to go wrong and less thinking by high school kids. Just run to the open spot!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Can't find magoffin's stats anywhere, but heard breathitt's on the radio. Gilbert- 17 car. 122 yards. Collins 14 car. 103 yards. Turner 11 car. 107 yards 3 td. White 16-20 passing 251 yards 4 td. Noble 2 rec. 76 yards 2 td. Whittmore 8 Rec. 91 yards 2 td. I would like to know magoffin's stats. The Elam boy probably had over 150 yards rushing.
Breathitt County hasn't had a feeder program in years. They haven't had a serious coach at the middle school since the 1990s early 2000s. The middle school needs to be preparing those boys for Breathitt so when they get there they are not clueless. By no means do I don't think this is the beginning of the end of Breathitt football. Give Coach Moore and Coach Combs time and they will get the program back on track.