Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western @ Breathitt (Predictions)
I think Western wins BIG! 50-20
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Western--35
Breathitt Co-12
Brahma
You predicted 40-24 on this same thread I posted.
COPY-CAT (LOL)
Ill stick with my same score 40-14 Western.
Im glad you re-posted this, My post is way over in la-la land on page #2.
MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:Im glad you re-posted this, My post is way over in la-la land on page #2.
Did not see your post, sorry man, did not mean to hi-jak your thread.

MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:Brahma
You predicted 40-24 on this same thread I posted.
COPY-CAT (LOL)
Ill stick with my same score 40-14 Western.
I learned from my family in Jackson that Breathitt looked bad against Madison Southern so that is why I changed my prediction.....I do not think it will be close......but I hope I am wrong.

I got western in this one big but i haven't done my homework on breathiitt but what i heard when they played madison wasn't somthing to get out the house for!

Western-40
Breathiitt-21
Breathitt lead by 7 going into the 4th, 19-12.
Western has way too much speed for the bobcats im afraid.
MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:Breathitt lead by 7 going into the 4th, 19-12.
Western has way too much speed for the bobcats im afraid.
You are right, and speed kills! I just hope that Breathitt keeps it respectable, unlike last year....but they were a alot worse last year.

breathitt county is tough as nails i hope they break western
john chapman is one of the best coaches in the state. he should be a head coach somewhere, i hope he gets on and does well. he has a lot of fire in him and he knows his offense.
TRAIN85 Wrote:breathitt county is tough as nails i hope they break western
john chapman is one of the best coaches in the state. he should be a head coach somewhere, i hope he gets on and does well. he has a lot of fire in him and he knows his offense.
I thought Coach Chapman was the defensive coordinator, am I wrong?

Western By ALOT!
i agree,with everyone Western wins this game but GO BOBCATS!!!!
Western-34
Breathitt-20
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I thought Coach Chapman was the defensive coordinator, am I wrong?
when he was at pikeville he ran the offense and did a heck of a job. i didnt put that he knows his defense as well as his offense. but no you are not wrong. he is just an all around good coach, end of story
Pikeville didn't seem to think so. He created alot of drama and controversy up there and lasted 1 season before asking Holcomb for his job back. He left Breathitt in 98 took Jonathon Chapman away from his senior year at Breathitt and from a team that very easily could have won 2a again possibly If Jonathon would have been there.
Breathitt played Pikeville with JPC at the helm and stomped them like 35-0.
JPC has neither the personality and people skills to be a head coach.
It's easy to field a great D when you have guys like Shorty Combs, John Rader,Eric Collins, all 3 went on to play college. Wanna Brag, Brag on the qb's. Guys like Waylon and Moore. 95 and 96, Both years the qb's had to go away from the intended recievers and both times found Watts. Majority of the time qb runs #check with me# where he reads what the coverage gives him and calls the play from the l.o.s.
Holcomb learned this O from Whitaker, The year after Couch and Leslie smoked them in 94. Holcomb spent days with Whitaker learning the FLA.STATE passing game system.
Holcomb gets the credit for doing what it took to implement an offense that fit the kids he had. Whem he has the kids to run it, Watch out, When not, Trouble.
Holcomb is Breathitt football and they did field 2 of the best 2a teams ever in 95 and 96. Don't say what about 02". Good team, But they didn't have to go through Danville and Boyle and beat Fort Knox with Derek Homer.
Mr. Personality, JPC can line up his copied version of the Lou. Male -10 men on the los and just blitz every-one every play, Sad thing is you'll stop them for a 1 yard loss, Stop them again for a no gain, Then they bust 90 yards on you and score.
Male has 11 atheletes who need no disciplie and will simply run you down with sheer speed. Breathitt doesn't and Holcomb needs to intervene and say " Look this aint workin and we don't have the speed to run this".
Race horse D ran with Work horses equals big time blow-out vs. Western.
western by 7