Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#10 Graves Co 5a @ #1 Mayfield 9-20-13
Alright it is that time of the year again. Both teams have played similar opponents with similar results. Graves is still stinging from last years lopsided loss. Graves and Mayfield just came off similar comeback wins. I can't remember the last time GCHS won. What do you think? I say MHS by 7.
Right now I just don't no :biglmao:
What ever happen to rednblackattack on here missing this dude.:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
I still see him out and about. I think he is scared of u 64.
Mayfield. Until they get beat I'll keep picking them.
Im going against the tide.
Graves County 32
Mayfield 30
64SUR Wrote:What ever happen to rednblackattack on here missing this dude.:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

Been lurking. Got one playing elementary football one 8th grade. So been busy. Usually been on here daily. Besides On top of the West, Killer in the Son, and 55 all carry the torch pretty good. Elementary football ends in Oct. So I will be on here arguing before long. I do think Graves vs Mayfield is shaping up to be a great game going to say Mayfield by 6
We can't have a second half melt down if we are gonna win this one. And you know the boys in blue and gray will be more pumped for this one than are we. This is the Super Bowl for the Eagles. I just hope neither team takes any injuries. I would also like to see the Eagles make it further than they ever have this year in the playoffs and I still want us to get number 10. It just bodes real well for our community to have them both performing at a high level. Hopefully it will start to get more of these kids into college and get them some decent jobs down the road. That after all, is the main goal.
I agree. Graves has a huge chip on their shoulders. My youngest plays in the Graves elementary football at Central. They are really wanting this game. They feel like it will be the gauge for their season. I think Mayfield wins at War Memorial but in wont be surprised to see the Eagles win
Wow wat a game this could be. Mayfield better step it up a notch to stay in this game. Last friday we watched the overtime victory for gchs over paducah. There kids are big, strong, and tired of gettin their asss handed to them by the cards. Gchs was gifted one of mayfields star players over the summer, jordan tyler. Wat woulda been the fastest player on the cards squad is now playing for the opponent. The eagle's running game is solid add to it that their passing game is gaining momentium and this game has the possibility of being decided early. Cards defence should be able to give the run and pass game a parachute and slow it down. Containing Crider will be the limiting factor for the cards as he is both ways on the ball and one heck of a athlete.
Cards defence is very run containing but could use some attention at practice at the passing part. Cards offence will most likely be able to pick at the eagles secondary for short and long gains but the large d-line could halt mayfields runnin game. Add in the huge cross town rivalry and this game could very well be epic.. graves co believes they finaly boast a team capable of caging the cardinals this year but mayfield stands to prove them wrong. If the cards come pumped and ready to go , it could be a two touchdown game but if the cards arrive flat, believe me the eagles will seetheir shares of the endzone.at home this will be a sell out of around 8-10, 000 ppl and standin room only. The 12th man plays a huge factor here in this one, so imma go wit the cards here by three. This should be the fith edge of ur seat game in a row for the cards..

Mayfield-31
Gchs- 28
Nobody in the West 1A thru 6A can beat the Cardinals. 55 has spoken.
mysonis55 Wrote:I still see him out and about. I think he is scared of u 64.

well thats good to no he is scared Confusedmoke:
Cards by 14 baby!
The key to this game is can Graves check Deon Jackson. If they can keep him contained and limit his big plays they will be able to slow Mayfield down. Offensively they have to control the ball and they need Puckett to make a few plays throwing. If they do that they could win by a couple tds.

I'm going the other way though. Mayfield wins 38-21. Speed kills.
I do not see Graves beating Mayfield, but the game will be close. Graves seems pretty vulnerable to the run. Tilghman had 261 yards rushing and big Tre Coleman had 161 yards rushing on 18 carries.
Ya but look how big colman is.. he is a tank... we dont have that.. our running back has heart but is half his size.. I think graves line may big to big .. its going to be tough. And now to add to it , their callin for rain.
We will be fine. I think everyone is underestimating our bunch. We gave up 114 total yards against Murray. 80 of that came on 1 missed tackle. Look at their stats against Graves. You can also look at their stats against PT versus ours. Tica is right on. We also have a big line. Some of our fansare starting to look at this game like the eagle fans always have though. The truth is this game don't even matter except to get us prepared for playoffs. This isn't our state championship, it's theirs. Keep focus. I still say us by 10.
We will win it, its at War Memorial where we always win. Can anyone recall the last time we lost at home? It was so long ago that Myson55 still had long hair and bell bottom jeans. over 4 years ago way back when disco was still in back in 2008. 41/2 years ago
55. The stats against pt are skewed because they didnt have colman.. think yall are under-estamating graves.. I hope ur right and we pull it off though..
ontopofthewest Wrote:55. The stats against pt are skewed because they didnt have colman.. think yall are under-estamating graves.. I hope ur right and we pull it off though..

You are correct, they are very good but you have to believe we will find a way, we always do
Trust me ill be on my high come game time. All these nail biters are killing my nervs... lol.. we will find a way to get em...
I kind of like the nail biters. They have helped our team in so many ways. Think about this, when was the last time we were really tested before this stretch of this season. You would have to go back to the Warren Central game or Hazard in 2011. Now I was in the locker room at the Hazard game at halftime. Them boys looked star struck and flat. They hadn't been tested at all that year other than Beechwood, who never led. I think they were in shock that anyone could play them that well and didn't respond. This team will not react that way, they have already proven that. I don't think the numbers are skewed in the PT game. Their running plays were killed at the line or behind it in our game. I don't care if they had JJ, if you get stopped there you don't have enough power built up by that point to break free. Yes, they absolutely could win, if we don't play a great game. I just don't see that happening.
Game moved to sat. 7pm.. along with most games in wky
Now the question is, which team may have lost that fire they had burning yesterday. I think it was good for both of these teams to not play in that monsoon yesterday. Both teams try to have a balanced offense. On that grass in that kind of rain it would have limited that. I know it was a great decision for gate fees. If we would have went at it in the rain, their would have been thousands listening on the radio or setting in their vehicles behind the end zone.
Is the injured Mayfield player, a receiver I think, back or will he miss the game?
Dillon Reed will be missing for about 4 weeks. We have gotten one of our db's back off injured reserve though. That being Tao Crumble #1. He will cover for Reed on defense. Colby Tucker, who has been very exciting this year, will take his spot at wr. He will make us look real good there.
HUGE rivalry game right here...I wish I lived close enough to watch it. I think it will be a goodern Smile