Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 55 Greenup County 18
final
Congrats to Raceland for the win and I also want to give Greenup props for playing hard they just didn't have the players to keep up with a better Raceland team. Good luck to Greenup for the rest of the season. Enjoy the win tonight Rams and start getting ready for the next one on Monday.
About what I expected. Raceland is going to hand out some beatings this year.
What grade is Greenup's quarterback in? He has a good arm but his timing with his recievers was a bit off. With some development he could turn into a pretty good QB.
Greenup has some play makers. They have speed. In a few years greenup will make a stir in their district.
I suspect Greenups offense could stay on the field long enough to help the defense out.
Congrats Rams on another win.
GC has is lacking rhythm and continuty on offense. All of their scores were on big plays. HORRID pick 6 theown by Elkins, shouldhave never thrown the ball. Another was a ball theown that went off of 2 Ram db's hands that set up the gimme from 2 yds out. The other was simply a 3 yd slant and Raceland's DB got BURNT. Offensively, Raceland took a few more shots down field. Messer is an incredible athelete that has begun to lower his shoulder instead a juke everytime. Looking foward to next weeks match up. Greenup has nothing to hang their head about. Hard played ball game. Raceland needs to cleanup their mistakes. Letting a punt hit their blocker in the back, int's, dumb penalties(ie roughing the passer on 3 and 31). Those things get u beat in the playoffs.
Orange Blaze Wrote:What grade is Greenup's quarterback in? He has a good arm but his timing with his recievers was a bit off. With some development he could turn into a pretty good QB.

He is in the 10th grade from what I was told.
Orange Blaze Wrote:What grade is Greenup's quarterback in? He has a good arm but his timing with his recievers was a bit off. With some development he could turn into a pretty good QB.

Jared Hunt, the QB, is a sophomore. He was the freshman QB last year so its a big step up but hes learning. He has the physical tools. Ryan Byrd, #25, the rb is also a sophomore and our 2 receivers #1 and #82, the TE, are juniors, so we get a lot back next year to build on. Most of these juniors are starting varsity for their 3rd season, the program was down to that level so its been a rough climb.
Raceland and Fairview both putting up a lot of points. Whose D will step up when these two get together.
At this point in the season, I am prepared to say it. The east will be represented at BG by either Raceland or Pikeville. The rams are 2 points away from being undefeated in what appears to be a pretty tough schedule. This unlike the self anointed next state rep in Williamsburg.
i'll say one thing for greenup ,they were out played by racelands coach ,greenup had there defence set up for racelands passing game ,when raceland started running the ball ,there were no adjustments made by greenups coaches .. therefore out coached ..greenup did play hard and never gave up..even after being down 30 points pluse ,they played hard ..my hats off to them....
football-fan Wrote:i'll say one thing for greenup ,they were out played by racelands coach ,greenup had there defence set up for racelands passing game ,when raceland started running the ball ,there were no adjustments made by greenups coaches .. therefore out coached ..greenup did play hard and never gave up..even after being down 30 points pluse ,they played hard ..my hats off to them....
Wow I thought my spelling was bad.
Coupon21 Wrote:Wow I thought my spelling was bad.

That's all you can say?
How about the coaching! Coach.....