Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 31 Williamsburg 14
North laurel 31 Williamsburg 14
Final
North socked all the Williamsburg fans by winning this one.
Tough game for the Jackets. North is much much improved over years past. Williamsburg should get well next Friday as they have Pike Co. Central. This is just a bump in the road for the Jackets.
Don't count your eggs before they hatch you have to remember PC has a tougher schedule than the Jackets and PC just played a 6A school so I believe it will be a close game but not easy, PC 24 Jackets 18
Final score was NL 31 WHC 14. Good win for these Jags.
Well, don't you know it's because they were moved to the other side of the field, they had to wear orange jerseys and they had a player out. Otherwise they were going undefeated this year. If you don't believe me ask the Wburg faithful.
About what I thought WB is just a good 1A team. Grads NL
Tough loss for the Jackets. Played hard.
Bout what i predicted
I picked it 35-21 North Laurel. Not too far off. While there is no shame in a good 1A team losing to an average 5A team I think this shows that Williamsburg has a lot of improving to do if they want to challenge Mayfield. It looks like a dogfight in the east between Hazard, Pikeville, Raceland and Williamsburg.
^
Thats what makes me wonder.
If Wburg cant handle North Laurel, or atleast pick up a small win, its going to be very hard to put them in the same league as Mayfield.
I think this was a good measuring stick for the Jackets...no excuses in this one...NL was the better team this weekend!(lol) Lot of mental mistakes for W'burg. Dropped balls, missed blocks, not wrapping up, and a costly offsides penalty or 2. But games like these r what we need to prepare ourselves for stiffer competition when it really counts! Saw some good things tho..liked the fight in our guys! Showed heart and kept playing. Winning starts with attitude, and we r on the right track..also I'd like to give a S/O to the NL Qb. One of the corners from North got a little aggressive late and tackled one of our receivers n got a holding penalty. #1 was the first guy there, got his guy under control, patted our guy on the the back and showed real class!
Congrats to Chris Larkey on his teams win!!! I think Jags will have a great season! We miss you at the Rock Coach Chris!!!
Once again this is the difference between a very good 1A football team and a very good 5A football team.

The Pretender Wrote:I think this was a good measuring stick for the Jackets...no excuses in this one...NL was the better team this weekend!(lol) Lot of mental mistakes for W'burg. Dropped balls, missed blocks, not wrapping up, and a costly offsides penalty or 2. But games like these r what we need to prepare ourselves for stiffer competition when it really counts! Saw some good things tho..liked the fight in our guys! Showed heart and kept playing. Winning starts with attitude, and we r on the right track..also I'd like to give a S/O to the NL Qb. One of the corners from North got a little aggressive late and tackled one of our receivers n got a holding penalty. #1 was the first guy there, got his guy under control, patted our guy on the the back and showed real class!

Playing this game will only make Williamsburg better in the long run. It exposes areas they need to get better at, and I for one think they will learn and grow from these challenges and win the region title this year.

Also, congrats to North Laurel, who has a very good team this year.
Congrats to coach Chris and the jags
How many yards did Nelson and Blair have?? I said that Williamsburg line would have trouble with norths size and depth.
Congrats to north on a solid win.
About what I expected. North Laurel is up and Wburg just isnt as good as they seem. Tbh, I feel the same about Raceland. All the skill and potential in the world mean nothing if u cant win the games u should and atleast some of the games u shoukdnt. That is what makes good teams GREAT. Difference is here, idk if this was a game Wburg should have won. Raceland was the better team for 3 1/2 quarters against Ashland then in about 4 minutes Ashland's 4A numbers began to takes it toll on Raceland. Both the Jackets and the Rams have a long way to go to prove to me they deserve the talk they havebeen getting.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:About what I expected. North Laurel is up and Wburg just isnt as good as they seem. Tbh, I feel the same about Raceland. All the skill and potential in the world mean nothing if u cant win the games u should and atleast some of the games u shoukdnt. That is what makes good teams GREAT. Difference is here, idk if this was a game Wburg should have won. Raceland was the better team for 3 1/2 quarters against Ashland then in about 4 minutes Ashland's 4A numbers began to takes it toll on Raceland. Both the Jackets and the Rams have a long way to go to prove to me they deserve the talk they havebeen getting.

Williamsburg was never leading the game and was always two touchdowns down I believe the entire game. Radio said 305 yards of offense for North and 235 for Williamsburg with 174 yards passing for the YellowJackets.
Blair and Nelson really impressed me for North. Good win for them. They are going to surprise some people this year.
If Williamsburg never led and Only had around 60 yds rushing, that concerns me. Williamsburg will have to have some sort of run game to make the run that they are all saying they will down there. In comparison, Raceland put up 357 yds rushing and 105 yds passing at Ashland. If running the ball is working, stay at it. But Raceland threw the ball enough times to meep the saftey's back and the corners had to respect the recievers. It doesnt really work that way when you pose no threat to run the ball.
I predict north laurel early in the season to go 8-2 and now going to predict them to go 9-1 go north.now for williamsburg i still see them going to bowling green in the east in 1A. Confusedmoke:
Here's the thing about W'burg...doesn't matter how often they lose in the first six weeks, so long as they improve and peak at the right time. They are in the worst 1A district and overall the worst region outside of Hazard. In that region, Berea/Lynn Camp/Jenkins are very weak, and Campbellsville/Harlan/Pineville just shy of that. In other words, they could roll through their district schedule and the first two rounds of the playoffs with their backups.

Regardless of rankings and records, they will be in the final 8 with a regional title rematch against Hazard at home.
Dungy is absolutely right. They will cake walk into the playoffs. The Hazard game will be a great one and I predict they pull that one out just because they have so many seniors in key rolls. Probably the greatest thing about the North Laurel game was a huge dose of humility they and their fans received.
North beat a good single A school. W'burg can not beat Hazard , Pikeville, Fairview or Raceland. We will see what North can do with their class whenever they play one!!!!!!
Footballaddiction, I can think of a 1a team or 2 that will play that really good 5a team any time. It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. I know 1 that owns bragging rights this year against a very good 3a team and a real good 6a team.
mysonis55 Wrote:Footballaddiction, I can think of a 1a team or 2 that will play that really good 5a team any time. It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. I know 1 that owns bragging rights this year against a very good 3a team and a real good 6a team.

Well good for you.
Confusedinglepar
Paul Crewe Wrote:North beat a good single A school. W'burg can not beat Hazard , Pikeville, Fairview or Raceland. We will see what North can do with their class whenever they play one!!!!!!

And you know Williamsburg can't beat those schools how and why. Because North beat them that makes them not good. From everything I have heard and read Williamsburg is a very good football team that could beat a lot of schools bigger than them.
Only time will tell.