Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Moore @ Tates Creek
UNDECIDED Wrote:Gridiron Grit. I know what you mean. But I think the QB situation had to play out that way to show that a competition for the position took place. The Gordon kid has earned his spot back completely and it took exactly how it played out regardless if you or I agree with that to do so. The QB starter and back up have now been established and I think it's good going forward now that it is settled. Now, lets watch the fireworks let loose as Gordon connects with his weapons #19 Taylor and #8 Dunn again......really like how this Creek team is coming along.

You said it right, the Creek staff kept the Dunbar game close by keeping hinges very vanilla and by the rotating of the QBs. I look for more aggressive play allin now that things are in place. Excited on this seasons potential
I wouldn't get to excited just yet. I was told by a parent that the QB's are still splitting reps in practice, even though Gordon is supposed to be getting the start. I don't think this coach is to committed to one kid or the other if he's willing to limit their reps in practice. Harmon may squeak by with a win preparing for Moore like this, but if he thinks he can beat Perry County by limiting his stating QB's practice reps, he's crazy. My prediction, he plays both QB's against Moore (don't ask me why, it makes no sense, but I just see it happening), the offense will stall adjusting to the different signal callers and waist at least three series of play, but Creeks D will keep things close. Even though I wouldn't be surprised by an upset tomorrow, I'll take Creek by 1 TD, because I think Moore is just that bad. Next week is a different story.
I'm interested to see. I don't think Moore is that bad from what I've
Seen. Very athletic and can make plays. They mostly play both ways so they will probably wear down.

I'll be interested to see the QB handling and play.
Hey Gridiron......remember I told you that the QB situation is worked out. Man is it ever. Gordon had been sharp as ever and Creek still really hasn't opened up the play book. Been an even distribution of the ball around to a lot of receivers and Creek is running the ball a lot more. Gordon has only missed on a few passes all year, I think he was 15-18 passing both nights (Im pretty sure those are the #s) that's 30-36 with no INT's. And Creek truly hasn't opened up to throw to its lethal duo of WRs on the outside much. Dunn/Taylor. I think this sets up very well for Creek going forward.
UNDECIDED Wrote:Hey Gridiron......remember I told you that the QB situation is worked out. Man is it ever. Gordon had been sharp as ever and Creek still really hasn't opened up the play book. Been an even distribution of the ball around to a lot of receivers and Creek is running the ball a lot more. Gordon has only missed on a few passes all year, I think he was 15-18 passing both nights (Im pretty sure those are the #s) that's 30-36 with no INT's. And Creek truly hasn't opened up to throw to its lethal duo of WRs on the outside much. Dunn/Taylor. I think this sets up very well for Creek going forward.
I saw the game, and the kids did look sharp in the first half. I understand pulling Gordon in the second half with a running clock, but why put in #6 (the Senior)? Why not put in #3 (the sophomore and start getting him some Varsity reps against a team that he could clearly handle). I'll tell you why, Harmon (for some reason) has a personal issue here that I can't figure out. Maybe it's admiration, or a sense of loyalty to the Senior QB. Whatever it is, it isn't good coaching. Because #4 is heads and tails better. We'll see next week against Henry Clay when he will need his best QB in for the whole game whether or not he does just that. I will share this, and I know it because I know a close friend of a parent, Gordon has been splitting reps equally all week in preparation for Perry County, and was told after missing school due to illness that it wouldn't be good to miss any practices at this point, because there is still an open competition at the QB spot. So he went to practice. That is a fact! So if you have a clear starter, why isn't he getting the majority of the reps? Why is there still an open competition with almost 1/3 of the season finished? I'll tell you this... the lack of reps will hurt this passing attack down the line when they really need. Eventually this team will have to play a quality ball club.