Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 14 - Southwestern 0
Final from the Ray Correll Bowl.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Bout what i figured.
Yeah, gonna be another long season for the Warriors.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I wasn't able to make it, because of a meeting. Can anyone tell me how the hounds looked? I'm hoping better than last year, but would have hoped for a bigger score than that.

Olred Wrote:I wasn't able to make it, because of a meeting. Can anyone tell me how the hounds looked? I'm hoping better than last year, but would have hoped for a bigger score than that.

The good news is the Corbin defensive line(Liford, Lambert, Lane & Anderson) dominated the line of scrimmage and the entire defense played well.

The bad news is that Corbin turned the ball over 3 times, once inside the 20 and the other 2 just outside the 20 yd line. I saw a mind blowing stat in the paper today that said that Corbin had 42 turnovers last year and only created 9 turnovers, which kind of explains their record.
1st quarter of this game was absolutely horrendous! There were more penalties than plays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SEKYFAN Wrote:

The good news is the Corbin defensive line(Liford, Lambert, Lane & Anderson) dominated the line of scrimmage and the entire defense played well.

The bad news is that Corbin turned the ball over 3 times, once inside the 20 and the other 2 just outside the 20 yd line. I saw a mind blowing stat in the paper today that said that Corbin had 42 turnovers last year and only created 9 turnovers, which kind of explains their record.

It explains a lot of there close losses.
Corbin could have won 4 or 5 games with another field goal or TD last year.
Sounds like it was a defensive struggle? The lambert kid is going to be a stud he is just a sophomore.
Corbin needs to fine some "O". Good win for the Hounds.
Did I hear correctly that Southwestern had zero passing yards? I was at EKU's Meet the Colonels night during this game but I thought the radio said Southwestern had 0 passing yards. Someone that watched it said that Corbin eventually put all 11 players near the line of scrimmage.
panther nation Wrote:Sounds like it was a defensive struggle? The lambert kid is going to be a stud he is just a sophomore.
No it was an Offensive struggle...for a while I wondered if either team could score if they were in a brothel.

Corbin D did look better than SW, but I think Corbin completed more passes to SW than they did their own receivers.

This game was painful to watch...then PC and Somerset started and it just got worse.
Ugly Game!! Corbin did not look good except for a couple plays! Southwestern's offense was really, really bad.

Jumper Dad Wrote:No it was an Offensive struggle...for a while I wondered if either team could score if they were in a brothel.

Corbin D did look better than SW, but I think Corbin completed more passes to SW than they did their own receivers.

This game was painful to watch...then PC and Somerset started and it just got worse.

Corbin's QB play needs to improve, underthrew a kid that was behind the defense that instead resulted in an INT and threw it up for grabs a couple of times. It was his first start, so he did do some good things to build upon.
U G L Y , don't know that we will look any better, but it was painful to watch.
Southwestern football has fell off the map. 4 years ago could beat anyone in state.
How many touches did Waddle get?
First games are bad at times.Hopefully both teams show better next week.
i AM SURE THE PLAYERS WERE GIVING ALL THEY HAD.
redstorm Wrote:U G L Y , don't know that we will look any better, but it was painful to watch.
Southwestern football has fell off the map. 4 years ago could beat anyone in state.

4 years ago they didn't even win their district and lost in the first round of the playoffs. The were always a decent program but they were never a program that could beat anyone in the state. They are definitely headed in the wrong direction now though.

E's Army Wrote:How many touches did Waddle get?

p>

Not sure, probably 10 or less. Corbin had 201 yards rushing and I believe 46 through the air, while Southwestern had around 150 total yards. Coppock led Corbin with 126 yards rushing and Campisano(who is a very good player)had 124 for Southwestern.