Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee's Butch Jones angers high school coach
Tennessee may have damaged a recruiting relationship with a top South Carolina high school after the way it treated a star football player who signed with the Volunteers.

Jabo Lee, a running back from Dillon High School, signed with Tennessee last February but was told last week he would not be admitted.

“I think they just left him out to dry,’’ Dillon coach Jackie Hayes told govolsextra.com’s Mike Strange.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recru...ool-coach/
I expect nothing less from Jones and especially Tenn.
I could be completely wrong but, Butch Jones seems like a shady individual to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
^
One of the most shady.
Its bad when you had Lane Kiffin at your program and he may or may not be the shadiest guy because of the one there now...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
One of the most shady.
Its bad when you had Lane Kiffin at your program and he may or may not be the shadiest guy because of the one there now...

No kidding!! Which the university seems to be attracted to those types of coaches and attracts a lot of those types of student athletes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
A few things here

1. Simply put, the kid couldn't get into Tennessee on time. If it's for academic reasons, there's nothing Tenn. could do.

2. With 1. being said, there's no excuse for Tennessee's lack of communication on the issue.

3. Butch Jones has a weakness when it comes to establishing a relationship with recruits. Had the same thing happen at Massilon when he was coaching at Cincy. Only difference was, the kid was admitted and on scholarship, but before the season, Jones said he couldn't play because he was studying engineering.