Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 NKY R9 and R10 predictions
Region 10: The region is not loaded with strong teams and is up for grabs. Campbell Co made a nice run last year at State and they are my pick to repeat as Region 10 champs. I don't really see anyone else making any noise, maybe Scott?

Region 9: This is a strong competitive region, loaded with good teams. I would say the 5th best team in R9 could beat the best team in R10 and for that matter, the majority of the other regions around the state.

The top 2:

Notre Dame: on paper, they should beat everyone. 3 D1 commits, with probably 7 more coming up in the pipeline. It will come down to team chemistry. If they get some, look out.

Ryle: they have experience, skill, and their own group of D1 commits. Make no mistake, the game of the year in NKY will be early this year - Ryle at ND on Sept 12th (sorry St. Henry but your run as top challenger is over)

The next 3:

Holy Cross - good solid team. May surprise some people. Will beat NCC and St. Henry, but not ND or Ryle.

St. Henry - will still be good enough to win most matches, but is rebuilding after losing 2 superstars that carried the program for 4 years. I have them losing to HC, Ryle, and ND.

NCC - same boat - rebuilding, but better than the rest. Will lose to St. Henry, HC, Ryle, and ND.

The rest:

There is a monumental gap between the top 2 teams, ND and Ryle, and the rest. Every year I think huge schools like Boone Co, Cooper, and Conner will jump up and surprise and nothing happens. I don't see Beechwood making any noise.

The bottom line: More of the same. The 4 best teams in the state will be ND, Assumption, Mercy, and Sacred Heart. Who wins State depends on the tournament draw. No public school will ever win a KY State Championship under the current system and rules. If one manages to make it to the Championship, it's due to luck of the draw and not having to play one of these 4 along the way.