Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police Arrest Teenage Suspect for Indiana Interstate Shootings
A 17-year-old was arrested Tuesday as a suspect in a series of highway shootings that killed one man, wounded another and damaged at least four vehicles, a prosecutor said.

Zachariah Blanton faced preliminary charges of murder, attempted murder and criminal recklessness, prosecutor Stephen Pierson said.

A judge on Tuesday afternoon said he had found probable cause to issue an arrest warrant for Blanton, who was being held in the Jackson County jail.

The teen's great-aunt, Denise Blanton, told The Star Press of Muncie that she was shocked by the allegations.

"I can't imagine that he would be involved," she said.

Pierson said state police had recovered a rifle they believed was used in the shootings. The two sniper victims were hit early Sunday as they rode in pickup trucks on Interstate 65 near Seymour, south of Indianapolis.

About two hours later, bullets struck a moving tractor-trailer and a parked sport-utility vehicle on I-69 in Delaware County, about 100 miles to the northeast.

No one was injured in those shootings.

Authorities considered the shootings linked.

The FBI joined the investigation on Monday as investigators searched fields, overpasses and roads looking for evidence.

Detectives from Columbus, Ohio, who helped solve that city's 2003 and 2004 sniper shootings also traveled to Indiana to help.

http://wymtnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=5196324
I hope they got the right person.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Yeah tell me about it. I guess I'll know when I travel through there next week.