Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's going on in Danville?
What's the word on how things are going in Danville for the new coaching staff? Will they win 9 or 10 like the last staff did most every year?
Don't think so, it will be a tough sell gettiing kid to practice at 5:30 in AM.
Wow. You can't be serious? What are they returning?
Cellking Wrote:Don't think so, it will be a tough sell gettiing kid to practice at 5:30 in AM.

Um....why exactly would that practice at 5:30 in the morning?
^
Somerset fans made them Confusednicker:
Has Danville hired a coach?
The funny thing is Danville is way down and Somerset still doesn't have a state championship. They are still hanging banners for district ships.
cctiger Wrote:The funny thing is Danville is way down and Somerset still doesn't have a state championship. They are still hanging banners for district ships.

Regions maybe, but not for winning the district.
cctiger Wrote:The funny thing is Danville is way down and Somerset still doesn't have a state championship. They are still hanging banners for district ships.

Been a long time since Danville hung any banners.
I'm a Mayfield Cardinal Through and through and our boys took our lumps from Danville over the years. I was on the first Mayfield team to play the Ads. We lost on a blocked extra point in overtime in the 87 2a title game. However I had the privilege of living and working in the Danville area from 06 to 09 and I fell in love with title town. With Boyle county and Danville its one of the best areas for HS football I have ever seen. Really pulling for Danville to be making title runs again soon. Would love if reclassification got us back in the same class sometime. Mayfield loves rivalries and have three great ones with Paducah, Graves and Beechwood. I would love a chance to play Danville again.they handed us our butts so we as true competitors word love some payback
Good post rednblackattack. I also played against those Danville teams from 87 thru 89 at Somerset. They beat us in the Semi's in 87 & 89 with us taking the 88 game. Those Danville teams were loaded with speed at every position. I also think they will beat a tougher out this year with a new coach coming in and bringing a new energy along with it. They have had the talent the last 3 or 4 years. Just seems like they havent had the will to win like those late 80's teams did.