Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kings Island
How many BGR members have visited Kings Island???

I have been going since before I was born (momma walked around with me when she was around 4-5 months) and have been all but 2 years of my life.

In 2007, I moved to LaGrange in Oldham county for a job.... and that was possibly the best summer of my life. I got a season pass and Straight burned that place up.

If you've never been, it's worth the drive up I-71. The rides, the food, the water rides and water park is well worth the trip.
My favortie rollercoaster in the entire world.... (I've been to Cedar Park, Universal Studios, Kentucky Kingdom) is The Beast.

There is nothing like riding The Beast on a hot and humid summer day. The sounds of the chains pulling you up the first hill.... seeing the wooden structure bounce, going through the tunnels, the speed and the sheer force you feel going around the hard turns and drops. The 5 minute long ride on the world's longest wooden rollercoaster is worth the wait.

The only visible part of the whole ride is the first hill. The rest of the coaster is buried in a deep wooded area. The first hill makes you feel like your dropping off the face of the earth........ All you can see is a rock wall and a small black hole.

But to me, the best part of the ride is the 2nd lift hill and going down through the double helix and the double tunnel. It's so loud in those tunnels and it's even hotter because of the sheet metal used.

(Just typing this makes me wanna go ride it right now!)
I have been a lot of times. Most recently was two years ago for UK day. It was the only place my family would go out of town as a kid so I remember it well. My favorite Brady Bunch episode was when they went to Kings Island.

My favorite rides as a kid was the train and cars (which drove themselves).

I am unable to ride the roller coasters anymore but still enjoy going with my family and enjoy the atmosphere.
I couldn't count the number of times I've been over the years. It was often a group trip to celebrate accomplishments, i.e. ball teams, brownie & girl scouts, etc.

It's too hot for me now. I just can't enjoy myself with the sun bouncing off all that asphalt, but when I did go, it was great!!
Go about every other year.
Son of Beast was awesome until they took the loop out, now it's gone
[Image: http://www.cinawesome.com/wp-content/upl...N_OF_B.jpg]
^
The Son of Beast had more hype and build up than any coaster I can remember..... But did it flop.

I rode it several times with the Loop and only a few times without the loop. I liked the loop a lot better.
Only been once.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:^
The Son of Beast had more hype and build up than any coaster I can remember..... But did it flop.

I rode it several times with the Loop and only a few times without the loop. I liked the loop a lot better.
you knew you rode something when you got off ofit that's for sure
Yes sir, I've been a few times.
judgementday Wrote:I have been a lot of times. Most recently was two years ago for UK day. It was the only place my family would go out of town as a kid so I remember it well. My favorite Brady Bunch episode was when they went to Kings Island.

My favorite rides as a kid was the train and cars (which drove themselves).

I am unable to ride the roller coasters anymore but still enjoy going with my family and enjoy the atmosphere.
I haven't been in quite a while. I always made sure I rode The Beast earlier in the day. I noticed that later in the evening that it hurt my back more, to ride it. I guess it loosens up as the day goes on. Personally, I like Cedar Point better, as a whole. But, since I fractured my back in a car wreck 20 years ago, when I go to these parks, I don't ride the extreme rides anymore. It's way too painful.