SG - Dominique Hawkins
SF - James Young
PF - Kyle Wiltjer
C - Dakari Johnson
Others
SG - Jon Hood
SF - Derek Willis
PF - Marcus Lee
I guess there will be a lot of people shocked when James Young (or Andrew Wiggins) will be starting and Poythress will be on the bench to start the season.
Young is awesome is more likely to play the 3 than the 4.

I love the addition of Hawkins.
My hope is that Hawkins will become another Darius Miller and give these teams upperclassman leadership each year.
FBALL Wrote:Young is awesome is more likely to play the 3 than the 4.

Exactly. Randle will be at the 4 and Young at the 3.

I love the Hawkins commitment as well. He is a breath of fresh air, a bulldog, an unbelievable competitor, and loves the University of Kentucky. I am very excited about him.
Good to know you have a point guard of Hawkins caliber is we get into foul trouble.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
FBALL Wrote:Young is awesome is more likely to play the 3 than the 4.

is he walking on or get a scholly?
Scholarship
Unless Poythress has an epiphany, I can't see him starting over Young. Some might say Cal would rather have more experience in the starting lineup, but the better player will start.
Wiltjer will only play over Lee in certain circumstances.
Curveball 24 Wrote:PG - Andrew Harrison
SG - Aaron Harrison
SF - Alex Poythress
PF - Julius Randle
C - Willie Cauley-Stein
Bench
PG - Jarrod Polson
SG - Dominique Hawkins
SF - James Young
PF - Kyle Wiltjer
C - Dakari Johnson
Others
SG - Jon Hood
SF - Derek Willis
PF - Marcus Lee

I agree with 4 of the 5 you have starting.... But I do see Cal adjusting his lineup based on who we are playing.
Lol, Young at the 4? Where are you all getting your info?? Hahahah. I think Poythress starts. The kid will develop.
I think Young will be starting at the 2 and Aaron Harrison will be coming off the bench
vundy33 Wrote:Lol, Young at the 4? Where are you all getting your info?? Hahahah. I think Poythress starts. The kid will develop.

No one said Young would be at the 4. People seem to think that since Randle has committed, he will start at the 4 sliding Alex over to the 3. I will tell you unless he changes (and he might), he ain't starting over James Young. I expect he might eventually, but at the beginning of the season it ain't happenin'.

Developing for him isn't the problem. It's a complete 180-attitude change. He put a picture on Instagram of him in the Joe Craft Center getting some shots in the other night. I like that and I hope it's a change, but I'll believe it when I see the demonstrated performance on the court. We saw how talented he was at the beginning of last season, so it is not about developing.
Plenty about developing. Developing that attitude you mentioned.

Randle will be at the 4, don't know how anyone would think he'll be anywhere else. That's hands down his spot.
^ We agree.
Man I'm already so excited about next year. This is going to be a very, very crappy wait until the season starts...Thank God we have something good to look for in football, hahaha.

For the hell of it, here is my starting 5 next year.

1 - Harrison
2 - Harrison
3 - Poythress
4 - Randle
5 - Willie Cauley-Stein

I really do think Alex Poythress will turn it around and become a killer out there, alot like TJ did in his second year, not as good..but a beast. The kid really seems like he is itching and mad about this year, and wants win and win big. I think he'll get it...really hope so. I do think Willie Cauley-Stein gets better and better...Dakari Johnson maybe earning that starting spot at the 5, and Marcus Lee giving us great depth down low and bringing his shot blocking (which is pretty awesome) and energy into the game. We'll have depth we haven't had on years at the 4 and 5, with Poythress being able to slide down and Young come in at the 2 or 3, that gives us 4 big bodies. With Young, that ability we'll have at the Guard speaks for itself...along with Hawkins and Polson still giving us good minutes of the bench.

Try to read that and not get a bit excited about 2013-2014, lol.
If you can't tell, I expect greatness.
As the roster stands now, this is how I see the depth chart being. Yes I know Wiltjer at the 3? Right, that wouldn't be defensively but more so because he's weak & can't bang down low.

Andrew Harrison Guard 6'5" 205 FR
Aaron Harrison Guard 6'5" 210 FR
Alex Poythress Forward 6'7" 240 SO
Julius Randle Forward 6'9" 240 FR
Willie Cauley-Stein Forward 7'0" 245 SO

Jarrod Polson Guard 6'2" 190 GS
James Young Guard 6'6" 200 FR
Kyle Wiltjer Forward 6'10" 240 JR
Marcus Lee Forward 6'9" 205 FR
Dakari Johnson Forward 7'0" 265 FR

Dominque Hawkins Guard 6'1" 170 FR
Sam Malone Guard 5'11" 185 JR
Tod Lanter Guard 6'2" 190 JR
Jon Hood Guard/Forward 6'7" 215 GS
Derek Willis Forward 6'8" 190 FR

Brian Long Guard 5'9" 155 JR

Of course with Wiggins it evens things out a little better:

Andrew Harrison Guard 6'5" 205 FR
Aaron Harrison Guard 6'5" 210 FR
Andrew Wiggins Guard/Forward 6'8" 190 FR
Julius Randle Forward 6'9" 240 FR
Willie Cauley-Stein Forward 7'0" 245 SO

Jarrod Polson Guard 6'2" 190 GS
James Young Guard 6'6" 200 FR
Alex Poythress Forward 6'7" 240 SO
Marcus Lee Forward 6'9" 205 FR
Dakari Johnson Forward 7'0" 265 FR

Dominque Hawkins Guard 6'1" 170 FR
Tod Lanter Guard 6'2" 190 JR
Jon Hood Guard/Forward 6'7" 215 GS
Derek Willis Forward 6'8" 190 FR
Kyle Wiltjer Forward 6'10" 240 JR

Sam Malone Guard 5'11" 185 JR
Brian Long Guard 5'9" 155 JR
Wiggins looks quite a bit bigger than 190, haha. Hope we get him, can't doubt Cal, I did on Randle and the Harrison's and was wrong.
I think WCS is in for an All American type year(2nd or 3rd team). He's only played basketball his senior year of high school and freshman year at UK. His development in two years is remarkable. When Noel went down, he was our best player. He'll also be playing with guards that know how to get him the ball in a position to score. Man, he's gotta improve that foul shooting though. Shooting 37% goes without saying is abysmal. At this point, I'd be slap happy with 50%, Big Grin