Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley and Rodney Rowe
And now it starts over. Rowe started a dinesty with SV boys in 2003 . Is this the start of the girls? Time will tell
Actually he had a good team before that. His only state tournament appearances were in the 01-02 season and the 02-03 season. Booher had all the success.
He went in 05, 07, 09, and 10 (which won the state tournament).

The girls there have had some really good teams and finally got over the hump.
The foundation was built on those two seasons. I don't believe coach Rowe resigned after the 2003 trip to the state tournament.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:And now it starts over. Rowe started a dinesty with SV boys in 2003 . Is this the start of the girls? Time will tell

One trip to the Sweet Sixteen, it might be a little premature to start talking dynasty.
t4p3r8 Wrote:One trip to the Sweet Sixteen, it might be a little premature to start talking dynasty.

Will be several consecutive trips after this year with them only losing one player. Have 1 senior, 2 juniors, 2 sophomores and a freshman starting in diff line ups this year. The feeder schools of virgie and dortons girls team are loaded with talent and will be moving up once the class now graduates. Should be a dynasty.
Rodney Rowe is a great coach and a good guy. Shelby Valley should be a dominating team in the 15th region for a long time because their feeder programs are second to no one.
Rodney Rowe is a class act, and a proven winner.
All i do is win Wrote:Will be several consecutive trips after this year with them only losing one player. Have 1 senior, 2 juniors, 2 sophomores and a freshman starting in diff line ups this year. The feeder schools of virgie and dortons girls team are loaded with talent and will be moving up once the class now graduates. Should be a dynasty.

Believe you might be getting ahead of yourself there. Valley will certainly be in the mix the next few years, but I wouldn't crown them region champs just yet. Sheldon Clark only loses two seniors themselves, and Magoffin does return Jazzy Howard. SV may enter next season as the favorite to repeat, but it will not be easy.

Good luck at state Valley!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ agree
Magoffin loses Morgan Connelley and Morgan Arnett, and a few more that gave some minutes here and there, but Madison Reed will be back for her Senior season.
More Cowbell Wrote:Believe you might be getting ahead of yourself there. Valley will certainly be in the mix the next few years, but I wouldn't crown them region champs just yet. Sheldon Clark only loses two seniors themselves, and Magoffin does return Jazzy Howard. SV may enter next season as the favorite to repeat, but it will not be easy.

Good luck at state Valley!

Yea you are right. My bad I should've said that they would be the favorite and have the talent to win it. Sheldon Clark will still be good and so will Magoffin. Magoffin loses one of their bigger girls though who usually cleaned te boards for them and could also shoot but I'm sure they will also be fine. Valley is not the same without Bre Fraley but they still had Sheldon Clark down through the first half and a few minutes in the third without her because of 3 fouls early. I'm sure all 3 teams will return great as usual!!
I would say that Magoffin and Shelby Valley are the favorites again with everything they have coming back. Valley only loses Fraley and have Smith and Rowe returning. And Magoffin has Jamie Castle, Jazzy Howard, Leslee Howard, Madison Reed returning. Should be another great season in the 15th. It will also help that Jamie Castle's ankle will be 100% unlike it was the last part of this season. She was averaging 27 points per game when she injured it.
Rodney Rowe and his Lady Cats have some amaxing talent and a great work ethic from what I've saw. With Sheldon Clark losing a few seniors and Magoffin losing 1 or 2, I think the Lady Cats have a great shot at another Regional title next year. Losing only 1 senior that was able to play, won't hurt them as much as most would think. If these girls keep improving day after day like they have been they will be tough for years to come.

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
Heard he applied for the JC job.
HD28 Wrote:Heard he applied for the JC job.

No he didn't do that lol. He beat JC by 40 this year. His daughters went to school in that area her whole life. And she's just a sophomore. They return all but 1 player.
Ok...whatever you say...
McCameraMan Wrote:I would say that Magoffin and Shelby Valley are the favorites again with everything they have coming back. Valley only loses Fraley and have Smith and Rowe returning. And Magoffin has Jamie Castle, Jazzy Howard, Leslee Howard, Madison Reed returning. Should be another great season in the 15th. It will also help that Jamie Castle's ankle will be 100% unlike it was the last part of this season. She was averaging 27 points per game when she injured it.
Only Fraley...she's a huge loss.
alleycat53 Wrote:Only Fraley...she's a huge loss.

That she is....but Valley won the Region Championship without her playing in 2 quarters of it due to foul trouble. The wildcats will miss her but I believe can do more than hold their own and have a very good shot to repeat next year.
Coach Rowe has loads of talent coming up all the way down to 4th grade. Shelby Valley will be a threat to win the 15th region every year for the next 8-10 years.
new o Wrote:Coach Rowe has loads of talent coming up all the way down to 4th grade. Shelby Valley will be a threat to win the 15th region every year for the next 8-10 years.
Like I said a dinesty
Things do look bright for SV.