Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Semis will NOT be televised
WYMT ran into a few snags and will now only air the Finals of the 14th Region Tourney
somebody is wanting more gate money
After the heat index last night I was REALLY hoping some people would stay home Friday night and watch on TV.

It will almost be unhealthy.
bradc Wrote:somebody is wanting more gate money
Schools voted on it.
I think I'll listen to semi's on the radio. 5,000 people converging into a gym of 2700 seats is not an appealing scenario.
But I want to add that I think Letcher Central has one of the nicest and prettiest gyms in the mountains. Their entire new campus and facities are top of the line.
UKisN1 Wrote:Schools voted on it.

They sure did and they voted to play the semis and finals both. Something else must have happened.
We'll all have to tune in on the radio or take a trip to Whitesburg on Friday night.
shot_calla Wrote:They sure did and they voted to play the semis and finals both. Something else must have happened.
They voted to play..yes...but not to have it telecast except on Saturday. yes, money does play a part on the host school as well as the shares for each school. WYMT waits until the last minute to make it known. The tourney meeting was held and a Saturday telecast was all that was discussed.
Things have changed..WYMT sees an opportunity to telecast a possible PCC/Cordia vs KCC final.
bradc Wrote:somebody is wanting more gate money

:truestory:
UKisN1 Wrote:They voted to play..yes...but not to have it telecast except on Saturday. yes, money does play a part on the host school as well as the shares for each school. WYMT waits until the last minute to make it known. The tourney meeting was held and a Saturday telecast was all that was discussed.
Things have changed..WYMT sees an opportunity to telecast a possible PCC/Cordia vs KCC final.

They voted at the draw for the championship game but WYMT asked for semis and the teams had to vote again and voted yes. I don't know why they aren't having them but I know that Knott had to vote again and majority vote was yes on the semis. I could care less and I'm sure there is a pretty good reason why they ended up not having the games but it is false that the teams voted against the semis or didn't vote at all. The teams voted yes for the semis and the finals but they couldn't televise it.
Games aren't televised and there is no controversy to it...
there just aren't going to be any games on Friday lol
What happens if it snows, will these games be postponed?
Wish it was going to be televised, usually just getting in from work, and can't make a lot of the games.
guess nobody knows lol
I doubt it unless it comes a cod dragger
^^^ lmao!!!!
bradc Wrote:I doubt it unless it comes a cod dragger

LOL!!! Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read this.
Any suggestions on getting tickets to the Perry Central vs Cordia game? When will doors open?
bradc Wrote:I doubt it unless it comes a cod dragger
It would have to snow4 ft for it to be a cod dragger for me. Weeeeeeeee
swatshop Wrote:any suggestions on getting tickets to the perry central vs cordia game? When will doors open?
5 pm
As a reminder if needed:
Letcher Central will have extra ballgame parking at the Pine Mountain Grill and The Whitesburg Post Office. Shuttle Buses will be running continuously from these locations and will drop you off in front of the school and will take you back to your car after the game. Both are well lit areas.