Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT IS THE WORST FOOTBALL FIELD TO PLAY ON ???
a few years ago, allen central had some type of net or webbing all over the field very tough to play on.
To me its a toss up its either Fleming-Neon...or Allen Central.....I played and practiced on the ole Wheelwrightaka South Floyd field and it was not even close to being as bad as these 2.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Fleming-Neon always had the dust bowl, and rocks. Pikeville's got bad the last year they had real grass too. But Neon definitely had the worst field ever.

i dont see how you could even mention pikeville field from any year in the same sentence with neon
Clinton Co. so called Soccer/Football field. with the torn up tin cans.
no offense but it was bad
Warrior81
Hurley Wrote:it is still rocky and has some sort of shrapnel on it. It will cut you up
i guees it is cause i just got off of work and am really tired but that was the funniest thing i have read on here in a while lol....and the shrapnel i think might be beer bottles....
BL or AC and the old SF field !
MAgoffin Co used ot be pretty bad. Haven't seen it in a while though. One of my friends got tackled there and there was something metal sticking out of the ground and he ended up having to get stitches
"The dust bowl" over in neon was pretty messed up last year.. 95% mud
Cawood (The Cow Pasture) is the worst field i have ever seen.
LC99 Wrote:Evarts, Cumberland, Hazard in the playoffs, Berea, Ludlow, Jellico (TN) and McCreary Central.

i agree with most of that haha ludlow had the big holes in it for the sprinklers and some of them were open... i always liked hazards feild but your right in the playoffs it gets messed up but its never bothered lynn camp to go there in the playoffs Wink Harlan's feild used to be bad also but its came along way
everts. you get rocks thrown at you as you come in, and rocks thrown at you as you come out. win or lose.
thats true... dangerous a not to mention the rocks on the feild those do about as much damage
im gonna have to say the old wheelwright field with the lines made from lye soap..neon was a nightmare no doubt, but the fans at neon made that place crappy, not to mention the broken beer bottles, huge rocks, boulders, shanks, .50 cal machine guns posing as sprinkler systems, drunken fans throwing hot coffee on you when you get tackled on that high tech strip of turf on their sidelines...ah hell, neon was the worst.
Cawood
The Rock (Sheldon Clark)

Fleming Neon sounds worse!!!
neons field is actually good to play on now i just graduted 8th grade ther eand it has sprint turf not the dust bowl anymore
TidesHoss32 Wrote:im gonna have to say the old wheelwright field with the lines made from lye soap..neon was a nightmare no doubt, but the fans at neon made that place crappy, not to mention the broken beer bottles, huge rocks, boulders, shanks, .50 cal machine guns posing as sprinkler systems, drunken fans throwing hot coffee on you when you get tackled on that high tech strip of turf on their sidelines...ah hell, neon was the worst.
they did line the away side with lye.
37cougar Wrote:neons field is actually good to play on now i just graduted 8th grade ther eand it has sprint turf not the dust bowl anymore

Neon's field does NOT have Sprint turf, Mr. Einstein. It has Burmuda. Look up the difference. By the way, anyone know how often one should water sprint turf??
yea sheldon clark has to be one of the worst fields out there
big_cards_fan Wrote:yea sheldon clark has to be one of the worst fields out there
its not called the rock for any oll reason.
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:Allen Central has bermuda grass?
dose anyone know of a team that uses this type besides them???

The soil was spongey, grass was dead and easily torn, and a certain linemen was telling me he thought we were playing in sewage lol

Paintsville has bermuda grass and has for years. It serves us well.
sheldon clark
matilda Wrote:Paintsville has bermuda grass and has for years. It serves us well.

Yeah serves YOU well....wouldn't recommend Putnam Stadium on a rainy friday night either! lmao:lmao:
JCHSfootball Wrote:Yeah serves YOU well....wouldn't recommend Putnam Stadium on a rainy friday night either! lmao:lmao:
wear your mud cleats and you will be fine
I have to agree with Fleming Neon. It was the worse field I have ever seen. Nothing but rocks and mud
Alot of people is saying Fleming Neon, but last week i was there cause Virgie middle school had scrimage game there and there field looked really good. Where i'm one of the coaches for Virgie i was out there on the field and the grass was really nice.
LCCHS_Cougar_Pride Wrote:jenkins field it the worst field to play on, neon isnt that any better, pikeville's is okay but not as good as belfry or shelby vallleys:redboxer:
valley has nothing on their field, and there isnt much difference between belfry and pikevilles. if i wanted to play a game on something that felt like a swamp when i run on it i would play at lcchs. they must not have put the turf down right.
Back in the day when Music was over there, I wouldn't want to play on JC's field when the sun was shining and 90's outside, watered down all the time. Does anyone remember that coach from Tates Creek back in 2000 before that playoff game that JC held. He told the Lexington Herald that near the creek bank it was bone dry, but on the field it was a hog slop. But as for neon's field, back in my Sr. year when we played up there, the flood that hit that area had tore that field all to pieces. Broken beer bottles, tons of bare spots, and the occasional spam can could all be found about every 10 yards.